WordPress Backup is a Must!
Creating WordPress Backup regularly is one good way to add maximum security for your blog site. Either your site is for fun or for profit; there are still chances that is more frustrating than your site being compromised. Whether by hacking, server issues or viruses, it is very important to have a reliable WordPress backup to protect your site from these unwanted scenarios. WordPress backup gives you the peace of mind especially when you are stuck in a catastrophic situation and allow you to save everything in your site when you accidentally lock yourself or when your site gets hacked.
When you speak about backup, it means you are saving a duplicate version of your work which may include files, WordPress themes and as well as database (including users, posts, comments, etc.). It is like saving an important document to your Dropbox or desktop. And one of the best way to back up your site is with the help of backup plugins for WordPress. These backup plugins allow you to add more functionality to your site except to those that already exist with WordPress. There are various backup plugins out there, and some are offering great deals while some are offering it for FREE. With the help of WordPress backup plugins, you can protect everything that you have in your WordPress without worrying about any loss of file.
WordPress Backup Plugins
- BackupBuddy– one of the well-known and premium WordPress Backup plugins for WordPress today, includes BackupBuddy. This plugins is made by iThemes, which lets you back up variety of sources not just your hard drives but also your email, Dropbox, FTP and more. This backup is completed easily in just some click of a button. What you need to do is to select where your backup will be stored & as well as how frequently you want your backup to occur.
- UpdraftPlus– another way to backup your WordPress is with the help of UpdraftPlus. Unlike any other backup plugins, this backup option is totally FREE! This free plugin is very straightforward, which only means that there is no bunch of unnecessary and complicated features will only overwhelm you. Same as BackupBuddy, this also supports backup to FTP, email and other storage solutions. Beyond this amazing feature, it also offers a reliable database encryption for maximum level of security, plus you can also split large sites into a number of archives to make your backup easier.
- BackUpWordPress– apart from BackupBuddy and UpdraftPlus, another popular and steadfast plugin today include BackUpWordPress. This unique WordPress backup plugins also comes with good scheduling that is very useful for users especially when they want to create a different schedule for their files as well as their database. This backup plugin is easy to set up, thus making it more user friendly. However, if ever you want to store backup to other place aside from your hard drive and/or email, you have to purchase an extension (BackUpWordPress also offers extension such as individual could storage services like Dropbox and Google Drive).
- WP-DB-Backup– if you want to back up your WordPress database, then one of the best solutions for you is the WP-DB-Backup. For any starter, this backup plugin is FREE. This plugin is also a good option for those bloggers who don’t frequently update their sites and those who don’t use images and videos in their blog posts. With this tool, you can easily schedule your database backup, restore them and even allow users to perform manual database backup.
- Snapshot– a backup plugin that lets you takes a quick snapshot of your site at any aspect and save it later for storage whenever you want to. When you decide to save a version of your site, what you need to do is to click only the ‘Create Snapshot’ button. This will immediately capture your website as it is at the moment. It also allows you to schedule these backups and where you want to save your files (either in SFTP, Dropbox and other storage service).
How to perform your WordPress backup for Plugins?
- Download & Install. The first thing you need to do prior on any process involve in backing up your WordPess is to download and install your preferred backup plugins. You can also visit your plugins dashboards for you to be guided on how to activate the WP backup plugins by following its instructions.
- Configure your Plugin. Visit the plugins’ settings page in your WP dashboard for configurations. Example, if you opt to have BackupBuddy, you will basically do two things. First, you have to choose a password for ‘ImportBuddy’ that is under the general options and second, you have to enter your email add where all error notifications must be sent.
- Set up Offsite backup. By sending a copy of your backup files to offsite in case unexpected problem occur (such as server crash and hacking) or if ever it is inaccessible, still you have a safe storage of your saved files. There are some WordPress Backup plugins that already provide a free built-in offsite storage together with their plugin. And having a plugin with an offsite backup is an advantage.
- Complete Backup. If you are ready to run your very first backup, click the menu where you can find ‘Complete Backup’ to get everything started.
Importance of WordPress Backup Plugins
Many people who are pro or new to WordPress need to be very attentive when it comes to backing up their site. By regularly creating a backup for your site, you can surely guarantee that your WP site and important files is on its maximum protection. Thanks to the power of WP backup plugins, now you can already avoid the stress and mind-numbing pain of having your blog site disappear, without even obtaining a viable backup or copy. Even the most experienced site owners who’ve been already working online for many years can make mistakes. Thus, wrong files can sometimes be deleted or overwritten, therefore needing a plugins to help them have a backup of their important files.