In the last two blog posts, we talked about identifying and banking on your strengths, and identifying and banking on your sources of traffic. Any time that you find a significant source for blog or website traffic, there are almost always going to be ways that you can build even further on that traffic, which is a key to blogging for profit, or any type of blogging for that matter.
- When you notice that there is a lot of traffic coming to specific posts in your website from Google, then it could be helpful for you to optimize those specific pages for the types of keywords that people seem to be searching for in order to increase your traffic even further. Look at your keyword density, link to that page from other pages on your blog using good anchor text, and try tweaking your titles as a way to get started.
- When you are noticing that another blog is linking up to yours, then what you have is an opportunity to create and build up a relationship with that particular blog. You should strive to get to know the writer better, thanking them for their link, and you should submit other blog posts that they may find useful, and make an attempt to link up to them as well.
- When you are noticing that a social media site is sending you traffic, then this is a signal that you need to get involved on that social media website. Do some analysis regarding the types of content that perform well on the site, and add a voting button on your site so that you can encourage your blog readers to go to the site and vote for your content so that you can perform even better than before.
- When you are getting a lot of traffic in the search engines for specific keywords, then that can be a hint that you need to write more blog content on that specific topic. You should be paying particular attention to the types of questions that people are searching for in these search engines as you can convert them into post titles and topics that you can write about.
Identify the strengths and weaknesses of your blog
I have shown only two types of weaknesses and strengths that might be built upon in a blog, but there are plenty more of course. The principles that apply are the same – once you have identified something you are good at, something that people really respond to on the blog, keep at it. This does not mean you cannot look to other areas or improve weaknesses, it means you should spend as much time building on your successes as you do fixing those weaknesses. Do this, and you will be onto a good thing.
Photo Credits: pheezy
Originally posted 2009-12-09 03:33:34. Republished by Blog Post PromoterRelated posts:
- The Key to a Successful Blog In the last post, regarding keys to a strong blog, we talked about some of the keys to successful blogging. This is part two in...
- The Key to a Strong Blog Analyze what brings readers to your blog, and then find a way to build upon that. When I speak with owners of medium sized blogs,...
- Blogging Business is on the Rise You don’t have to be an analyst to realize that blogging business sites are on the rise and that it has become the latest career...
- Blogging in a Word: Building Blogging is all about building: building friendships, building links, building content, building readership. It’s not for the fainthearted and it should only be taken up...
- What to Look for in Your Blogging Software There are so many choices for blogging software on the market, that it can be very difficult to choose the right one. Every software choice...
If you liked this article, vote for it on del.icio.us and stumbleupon.