In the last post, regarding keys to a strong blog, we talked about some of the keys to successful blogging. This is part two in the series about finding your niche and repeating the formula to create successful blogging.
We last left you with a list of your best blog posts, the ones that out performed the others. Now let us figure out why. Here are some questions that you can ask yourself in order to analyze what allowed a specific blog post to out perform the others.
- Could it have been the topic?
- Could it have been the style of the post?
- Could it have been the title?
- Could it have been an image?
- Could it have been the length of the post?
- Could it have been the use of controversy, or humor?
There can really be a wide variety of different factors that are capable of contributing to the success of a post, but it is typically just one or two specific things that stand out above all of the rest. You should conduct this basic analysis on a bunch of your most successful posts, and what you may end up finding out is that some of the same things are coming into play with each of the posts. You are going to want to identify what these factors are, and then you will find yourself in an excellent position to continue developing more of this excellent content.
The next thing that you are going to want to do is to ask some questions about traffic. This is another type of analysis that you can do, trying to find out the source of your current traffic and visitors.
- Where are the top sources bringing traffic to your blog?
- What other websites or blogs are creating links to your content?
- Which social media and social networking sites seem to be appreciating your blog content?
- Which search engines are sending traffic to your blog?
- Which keywords to people seem to be using in order to find your website as a result of using search engines?
When you look at all of the sources of traffic that are coming to your blog, this is going to be a truly powerful technique that will help you be able to extend your blog further because it will give you insight into what is and what is not working for you.
It has been found that when you are looking at a significant source for traffic to your blog, that there are always still going to be a number of ways to build upon that traffic even further. In the final part of this series we are going to look at how you can take a significant source of traffic and evolve it into something even greater.
Photo Credits: Search Engine People Blog
Originally posted 2009-12-07 03:28:44. Republished by Blog Post PromoterRelated posts:
- The Key to a Strong Blog Analyze what brings readers to your blog, and then find a way to build upon that. When I speak with owners of medium sized blogs,...
- Tips for Writing a Successful Blog One of the biggest keys when it comes to keeping a successful blog is to provide content that is perceived to be exceptional. The following...
- The Opposite of Successful Blogging There is an opposite to successful blogging, which is blogging that drives your readers in the wrong direction. Take a look at this list of...
- Tips for Improving Number of Blog Visitors All bloggers are looking for ways that they can improve the popularity of their blog, in order to increase the number of blog visitors. They...
- Blogging Business is on the Rise You don’t have to be an analyst to realize that blogging business sites are on the rise and that it has become the latest career...
If you liked this article, vote for it on del.icio.us and stumbleupon.