Analyze what brings readers to your blog, and then find a way to build upon that.
When I speak with owners of medium sized blogs, the first thing I recommend highly to them is to put aside time to analyze their blogs current performance, with focus on the blogs successes and strengths. While there is plenty to say in favor of identifying a blogs weakness so that it can be improved, I feel that bloggers waste too much of their time working on fixing the negatives that they end up not building on what success they have. Here is a success secret that I have seen in a good number of successful bloggers.
They do not do absolutely everything well, but the things that they are able to do well are the things that they continue to do over and over again, and this is one of the biggest keys to a strong blog.
There are a lot of blogs that exemplify this concept, ranging from I Can Has Cheezburger to Cake Wrecks and back again. These bloggers found their niche, settled down into it comfortably, and now they are reaping the benefits of focusing on the things that they do well rather than trying to over extend them selves and their blogs.
It is easy to go on and on when it comes to the most successful blogs and what allows them to become that way. They manage to identify something that is working for them, and they repeat it again and again for great success. This does not necessarily mean that they are repeating or regurgitating the same content over and over – They simply take the same formula and they apply it over and over as a key to their success.
So what have you found capable of working on your blog? How can you take that success formula and do it again, or how can you find ways to improve upon it?
Let us do a little bit of analysis to see where you’re at. Here are a few questions that you are going to want to ponder so that you can identify the points of energy within your blog that could potentially be worth expanding on:
Questions Relating to Content
- Which of your posts have attracted the most amount of traffic to them?
- Which of your posts have garnered the largest amount of comments?
- Which of your posts have garnered the largest number of links from other websites and blogs?
- Which of your posts seemed to perform better than other posts on social networking and social media websites?
Photo Credits: jcoterhals
Originally posted 2009-12-04 03:22:16. Republished by Blog Post PromoterRelated posts:
- Creating a Blog Carnival Although it may be entirely possible for a single person to handle all of the various requirements for when it comes to creating a Blog...
- Do You Need a Blog Sitemap? If you have a blog, you may be wondering if you need to have a blog sitemap. What is a blog sitemap and what does...
- Choosing a Blog Niche When you are creating a brand new blog, one of the best things that you can do is to choose a blog niche that you...
- Tips for Improving Number of Blog Visitors All bloggers are looking for ways that they can improve the popularity of their blog, in order to increase the number of blog visitors. They...
- Tips for Writing a Successful Blog One of the biggest keys when it comes to keeping a successful blog is to provide content that is perceived to be exceptional. The following...
If you liked this article, vote for it on del.icio.us and stumbleupon.