August 25th, 2014 — Microblogging, twitter
If you are looking to increase your awareness on Twitter, one of the best things that you can do is to explore the capabilities of Hashtags, which are capable of helping you to add significant value to your brand while quickly expanding your visibility at the same time. On Twitter, a hashtag is a fun little tool that makes it easier for readers to track conversations, topics, communities and other events. An example of a popular hashtag and what is being achieved with it is #followfriday, which is a hashtag used for people to recommend other people that are fun to follow on Twitter. For example, you might say. “Hey, check out [@Userid]. #followfriday”
While some people do not go out actively looking for hashtags, they are easy to find in popular conversations and can take you on quite an adventure through Twitter. If you are looking for a way to expand your horizons on Twitter, or if you are looking for a way to expand your own visibility, then these hashtags are absolutely a solid proposition worth considering. Here are some great Twitter and hashtag related resources that you should be checking out, bookmarking and more than likely frequently visiting:
- * http://www.hashtags.org is the first place that you should head when you are looking to see what hashtags are currently hot or just the most recent, as this site tracks popularity trends as is jam packed with good information.
- * http://www.twemes.com is another exceptional resource for when it comes to discovering new hashtags and then tracking them once you’ve found them. There is even a hashtag cloud, which is a nice feature as well.
- * http://www.wthashtag.com is a wiki of hashtags generated by those using them. If you are still learning what hashtags are or how they work, then this is an excellent resource for you to check out.
All kinds of people are using hashtags on Twitter in order to connect with other people that have to do with their topic, niche, challenge, club or group. Hashtags are making viral marketing around a specific subject easier than ever. It has become simpler than ever to find buzz around a specific topic, and this can pay off for people looking for certain topics just as well as those who are talking about them.
You can make it really easy for other people within your niche to communicate with one another through the use of hashtags. If you have a group or a niche, you can create a hashtag for it, and then when other people are talking about it, they can use the hashtag to make sure that their buzz is linked back to the campaign that you are running. This way, all of the participants in the niche can share with one another, creating some truly viral collaboration. This is an excellent example of how Twittering can work to your advantage in many different ways.
Photo Credits: believekevin
Originally posted 2009-05-06 05:31:39. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
August 22nd, 2014 — Blogging, twitter
I am attending Finovate Startup 2009. It is an action packed 1 day format which I belive will lend itself perfectly to a live twitter. Stay tuned it should be an amazing day. http://twitter.com/BlogTrafficExch
In the break I have scheduled some talks with SimplFi, Mint, and Calendar Budget. I am sure that I will talk to many many others at their booths.
After that I’m off to a dinner sponsored by Thrive. Some other bloggers will be there: The Digerati Life, Lazy Man and Money, and Stop Buying Crap. Also at dinner will be Prosper – fresh from announcing they are back in business.
Be sure to check out my personal finance blog for a full post finovate writeup: Rich Credit Debt Loan
Here is the digest from the event (for newest post to oldest post so read from the bottom up):
- credit karma with white label solution. #finovate
- Next up Credit Karma #finovate free access to their credit score anytime they want for free http://bit.ly/XskiL
- secondary market is pending final regulatory approval.
- months to 7 years. Loans that have already been made. loans with payments.
- Secured loans!!! (collateralized loans)
- Other financial institutions can list their own loans on prosper market place #finovate
- New Rating systems based on annual default rates, 20 credit score buckets. Min FICO 640 #finovate
- technical glitch = “I guess we are back into a quiet period” — Chris Larsen #finovate
- Next up Prosper #finovate CA Lenders Only, Nationwide borrowers. p2p lending http://bit.ly/5EwfZ
- I like the email dashboard to avoid login!!!! I like effortless!! #finovate
- RT @LazyManAndMoney: Rudder: YAPFM (Yet Another Personal Finance Management) tool… #finovate
- Next up Rudder #finovate More PFM… Help financial health http://bit.ly/3Uyc4
- Goal Spring create a plan to get out of debt #fionvate
- @ryan_adami http://bit.ly/jb4th http://bit.ly/iuaLU more links to data in footer #finovate Smart Hippo open source data
- Next up Goal Spring #finovate http://bit.ly/15YrWz
- Data is open source !!! anonymous!! #finovate
- like yelp for consumer products. #finovate
- Next up smart hippo #finovate Another PFM tool. Donated $250 to habitat for getting voted into last session http://bit.ly/ml44I
- registered investment advisor with SEC #finovate… like the no nonsense straight to the point style
- Next up simplifi #finovate planning is biggest issue for average American. SImplifi creates a plan for free http://bit.ly/UuXPY
- The one thing leaned about online fraud. You have to look at entire session no just specific clicks #finovate
- Next up Silver tail systems #finovate detect bad guys gaming websites http://bit.ly/PnVLr
- RT @prosperlending: i’m very pleased with all the people i’ve discovered and am now following from #finovate
- RT @erinmccune: How many PFM solutions can the market support? Not this many. #finovate
- step 1 know your finances 2 project your future 3 discuss = Green Sherpa #finovate
- Next up Green Sherpa # finovate More financial management 3 step process http://bit.ly/19Z2S8
- Next up HomeATM #finovate they have a patent for pin encryption on browser http://bit.ly/Gq07Z
- @prosperlending debtGoal aka goalspring #finovate
- 4th session lineup: Debt Goal, Green Sherpa, Silver Tail Systems, Simpli Fi, Smart Hippo, HomeATM, Rudder, Prosper, Credit Karma #finovate
- Gen 1 vs Gen 2 at Michigan first credit union was pretty amazing difference #finovate
- Next up is Jwaala #finovate http://bit.ly/9fI9S
- Zimplemoney is financial agreements administered as SAS #finovate
- @prosperlending see m tweet pic for the same error on loweryassessment.com #finovate
- Next up ZimpleMoney #finovate… I like this guy already. second tallest here (I am tallest) http://bit.ly/zjYZ6
- MoBank s doing what that is different/better/more secure? #finovate
- Next Up MoBank #finovate http://www.mobank.co.uk/ — “very very easy” to make payments with phone.
- http://twitpic.com/46g38 – lowermyassessment.com #fail #finovate
- lowermyassessment.com starting costs a $124.95 #finovate
- next up lowermyassessment.com #finovate Help homeowners lower their assessment http://bit.ly/sOVNG
- note to future afternoon presenters… please be more animated #finovate
- Aradiom seems like great tech. presenters could be more polished, but tech seems great and needed
- Next up Aradiom #finovate — All about security on #iPHONe mobile phone based security token http://bit.ly/Io0t5
- Next up Acculynk #finovate http://bit.ly/148pFm debit pin pad transactions over existing EFT network
- Next up Second Market #finovate http://www.secondmarket.com/ (trade illiquid securities). yesterday launched private company marketplace
- I like pertuity direct model where an expert picks he loan… lord knows I am a terrible loan picker
- CEO likes “very very” counted 4 times so far
- Pertuity direct is registered with te SEC says “it as a very very fun process” #finovate
- next up pertuity direct http://pertuitydirect.com/ #finovate mutual fund of p2p loans
- 4 invest your savings, 5 be prepared #finovate
- 3 use your credit and debt wisely #finovate (education plus advice)
- 2 spend less than you earn
- Financial fitness launching today: step by step plan to improving your fitness based on 5 principles #finovate
- 1 know your money (why and how provided by mint) #finovate
- Up next Mint #finovate http://www.mint.com/ launched 18 months ago with over 1M people. more budgeting what is different better?
- 3rd Session lineup: Mint, Pertuity Direct, SecondMarket, Acculynk, Aradiom, LowerMyAssessment.com, MoBank, Zimple Money, Jwaala #finovate
- RT @LazyManAndMoney: Review of the 2nd session of demos at Finovate is up: http://bit.ly/DuqGw #finovate #finovateStartup09
- props to #finovate lunch crew. It was great and healthy.. back now and having more diet coke
- IOUSOS healthcare settlement 80% off your medical bills? Shouldnt providers just charge less? (HOT IOUSOS NOT Medical costs) #finovate
- IOUSOS p2p help for medical bills #finovate
- Home-account says you can sign up or free, but to use the servie it costs $50. #finovate
- Next up IOUSOSby globefunder #finovate http://bit.ly/QTmuX
- @georgefavvas their website says free to join home account #finovate
- RT @georgefavvas: Home Account well intentioned, but don’t agree w/charging consumers to shop for mortgage when do it for free. #finovate
- RT @SunFinancial: bought two Mega millions tickets. With jackpot at $181M, $2 is a small price to pay to dream big
- next up Home Account #finovate talking about mortgages and replacing mortgage broker http://bit.ly/XwmFj
- Moneta has signed a top 10 bank. #finovate
- Next up Moneta #finovate http://bit.ly/26KM9m online payment system… sounds like stephen hawking
- http://www.climatecooler.com/ is really cool! good for the planet, good for your wallet #finovate
- @georgefavvas ahh I missed that… ok you go one of my votes
- @robgarciasj you need to buy votes like smart hippo #finovate — this is RateLadder btw
- Know and reduce your environmental impact – http://www.climatecooler.com/ #finovate
- next up Cooler #finovate http://bit.ly/zb52O
- @netbanker 80% platfom complete means that 80% of the work is left to be done. 80/20 rule #finovate
- Smart Hippo is buying votes for best in show. Shoud make donation to habitat regardless #finovate
- People Capital is up next #finovate p2p student loans http://bit.ly/q1lcV
- micronotes is reading a script #finovate
- RT @mobileslate: #BillShrink: “Shrinkage is Good.” -Peter Pham #finovatestartup09
- Micronotes up next #finovate http://bit.ly/199DHK
- BillShink gass compare tool is pretty cool too. #finovate
- BillShink cell carrier compare tool is pretty cool. #finovate
- Next Up billshrink http://www.billshrink.com (best way to save money on CC, Food, Gas, etc) #finovate
- Kapitall UI has a high WOW fator, but why is i better/different? Research tool/racking for investors #finovate
- Next up Kapitall: http://bit.ly/nkf1q #finovate
- RT @google: RT @sengineland – Google Study On Sitemaps: http://bit.ly/LGBwQ
- Centrro excited about home loan product… sell leads not just afiliate #finovate
- Centrro seems like Credit Karma (http://www.creditkarma.com) same arbitrary scoring model. Send offers based on credit report. #finovate
- Know before you apply is on stage: http://bit.ly/E51nS #finovate
- Wesabe spingboard is white label wesabe. launched 6 weeks ago #finovate
- Wesabe just launched #iphone app using geo targeting and password protection #finovate
- Wesabe is staking claim to “ease of use” #finovate
- Wesabe competitors: Mint and Stands… What is the differentiator? (big announcements promised) #finovate
- Wesabe up next #finovate
- Lending Club — How come when I look t my account I dont see the performance info you showed on stage? #finovate
- Tempo Payments -Why? Rewards! in different currency #finovate
- Tempo Payments get a debit cad that isn’t issued by your bank. Why? #finovate
- Up next Tempo Payment #finovate (more debit card transactions than credit cards) #finovate
- Leding Club secondry market 2M in volume in 6 months (monitors credit report every month and payment history) #finovate
- Lending Club up next… what is different tha last year? Marketplace and SEC approval AND IRA for preferenial tax treatment #finovate
- Lending Club up next… what is different tha last year? Marketplace and SEC approval #finovate
- iThryv platform for FI (financial insttution) for OLB (online banking) and support to demographicly target customers #finovate
- #finovate buzzword thi year is “widget”
- iThryv up next… #finovate
- Moneystrands competitor of Mint and Wesabe. Spanish version a differentiator? Can it compete with Money or Quicken? #finovate
- strands experiences t first technical glitch http://bit.ly/sTOu9 — take 2
- price driven down 10 to 75 basis points avg size $50K #FinovateStartup09
- @krusk becasue weare supposed to tag #FinovateStartup09 not #finovate
- realtime online marketplace p2sb (peer to small business) most iteresting so far IMHO #FinovateStartup09 http://bit.ly/4smsD
- The Receivables Exchange: Now that is an investment I would invest in… p2p lending but more like onlie factoring #FinovateStartup09
- RT @FredericBaud: haven’t seen many reference to openid. I would like to test platforms without new user/pass each time #FinovateStartup09
- Circle up adds a bunch ways to pay expenses… OH: openid anyone? #FinovateStartup09
- Circleup with John Payne aka smartpay (sounds like value add cards like CA food stamps) #FinovateStartup09
- Circleup with John Payne aka smartpay
- kaChing Why would sam give away is research or allow mirroring if he is a good invester? #FinovateStartup09
- RT @shannonpaul: http://twitpic.com/45ro6 – @blogtrafficexch and @lazymanandmoney at #finovate
- Expensify — expense reports that don’t suck. Seemed very interesting. Goingto check it out #finovateStartup09
- Expensify (@quinthar) I like the name (I think they copied one of my company names Buildify http://www.buildify.com )
- First up Expensify, kaChing, CircleUp, Receivables Exchange, Strands, iThryv, Lending Club, Tempo Payments, Wesabe
- #finovate Presenters are all making sure their presentations work. Each has 7 minutes.
I am attending Finovate Startup 2009. It is an action packed 1 day format which I believe will lend itself perfectly to a live twitter. Stay tuned it should be an amazing day.
Originally posted 2009-04-28 05:00:16. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
June 18th, 2014 — Blog Tips, Microblogging, Social Networking/Bookmarking, Web Traffic
Twitter is viewed as just another social networking tool that you can utilize in order to better promote your website or your blog. You can use Twitter to promote your blog quickly and easily, and this is a truly effective way to drive more traffic without much effort. First, you need to set up your Twitter account.
If you are going to write on Twitter.com, the first thing that you need to do is to set up an account and then to get started. This will include creating an account with the username you wish to have represent you, and then completing your profile and setting up any specific settings in your Twitter preferences. For good marketing, you should set up a picture in your profile because it is important to let people get to know you.
The next step in the process is to write the content that you have in mind. You can use twitter to reference content that you post on article submission sites, so you may want to begin by writing such an article. Create a profile on the submission directory site if you have not done so already. This is just another way to get your name out there.
Now that you have an account created on both websites, and a bio or profile under each of the sites, the next step is to get everything linked together. If you have a Twitter account, you can set things up to automatically update your status when sites like ezinearticles.com approve your content. What that means is that as soon as an article you write is posted on EzineArticles, it will be automatically posted to your Twitter feed at the same time. Considering how simple both of these endeavors truly are, this is a two for one kind of marketing effect. Not only will it get your name out there in the article submission sites for better article syndication marketing, but it feeds your Twitter.
This is one of the best ways to use your Twitter account to advertise your blog or other website endeavors that you are looking to attract traffic to. This is a really hands free process that everyone can get use of because it only requires membership to two sites for absolutely free, and a little bit of content in order to get the ball rolling. If you want to use Twitter to advertise your blog or website, this is a good way to set everything up, because your Twitter account is “fed” hands free, and you can work on writing good content and letting article syndication as well as Twitter accomplish the rest of the work for you.
Photo Credits: 1
Originally posted 2009-02-06 07:15:54. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
June 15th, 2014 — Blog Tips, Microblogging
Are you already familiar with the micro blogging platform known as Twitter, and what it can do for the online marketing world, especially when it comes to blogging? Twitter is taking off so swiftly that it offers its own language, with tweeps/tweeples being followers of tweeting, or making posts in the Twitterverse, which like the blogosphere, is meant to describe the world of Twittering.
Twitter is already easy to use to begin with, but there are a number of tools and resources that you can add to your arsenal in order to get even more out of the platform. There is an overwhelming amount of tools, applications and plugins that are being developed specifically to make Twitter more enjoyable or more effective as part of a marketing endeavor. Here are some of the best Twitter tools and resources that will allow you to get the most out of your Twitter endeavor.
1 – TwitterFox –
This is a plugin for the FireFox browser, and it allows you to keep up not only with your Tweets but also direct messages that come your way. There are similar plugins, including Tweetdeck and Twhirl, but TwitterFox is the favorite among many because of the simplicity that it offers.
2 – TweetLater –
The primary function of this particular tool, which can be found at TweetLater.com, is to permit Twitterers to stop up on the tweets that they write so that they can be posted over time on a schedule. What makes this a useful tool for the less die hard audience is that you can you forward the e-mails about who follows your Twitter feed to your TweetLater address, and the followers will automatically get a private message from your account, which is an excellent way to automate some of your most basic marketing tasks.
This particular tool offers up a quick and easy way to search about what people are posting about when it comes to specific keywords or topics in the Twitter universe.
4 – TweetBeep –
This particular tool is the equivalent of Google Alerts but designed specifically to work with Twittering and Tweets. TweetBeep permits you to track keywords like mentions of your name, your product, your company, or any keywords that you are researching, and it notifies you when these keywords or terms are mentioned anywhere on Twitter.
This is a fun and simple service that will allow you to feed your blog posts directly to your Twitter account. You can control the frequency by which your blog posts are displayed by Twitter, and you can also choose what text will preface your blog feed. This is excellent for attracting more people to your blog by showing it in bits and pieces on Twitter.
Twitter is not going away because it is a sturdy blogging platform rather than a quick fad. These tools will allow you to maximize your Twitter use, enhancing your social networking endeavor in the process.
Photo Credits: 1
Originally posted 2009-02-06 07:55:30. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
June 13th, 2014 — Plugins, WordPress
WordPress originally saw the light of day in 2003, and is now being used on thousands of different websites in countries all over the world. WordPress is designed to be a simple open source blogging tool that can be taken advantage of in two different ways: You can either take advantage of the hosted option, or you can take advantage of the free software download option.
WordPress offers a number of additional features that can be downloaded and installed, and these extra features are known as WordPress plugins. These WordPress plugins make it possible for you to customize your blog so that it suits you, the genre of your website and the nature of your audience as well. There are a wide variety of different WordPress plugins that you can choose from, many of which are downloadable directly from WordPress, while others can be found elsewhere on the internet. If you are new to blogging, it may be difficult for you to figure out which WordPress plugins will best suit you. Here are some of the mot popular WordPress plugins that are available online for free download.
This is a WordPress blog that helps to optimize your titles, generating automatic META tags as well. It gives you the chance to override titles, setting any descriptions and meta tags that you want. Depending on what version of WordPress you are using, you can usually simply install this plugin to have it work straight away with little work or issue.
This is a truly fantastic tool, helping you sort out potential spam in your blog. It will check all of your comments to analyze whether or not they are legitimate, allowing you to review the potential spam so that you may decide whether or not to keep the comments accordingly.
This plugin is capable of integrating your WordPress blog and your Twitter account together. Twitter is a free micro-blogging and social networking service that can be easily integrated into your WordPress with the right plugin.
Although there are many different ways that you capture data and statistics regarding your website, most offer more information than you really need when it comes to blogging. The WordPress Stats system was designed specifically to focus on the information that a blogger actually needs.
This is a guestbook plugin that can be easily customized, which makes it possible for you to change colors and customize mandatory fields where users can fill out certain information that you are looking for. You can fully manage all of the user entries, and you can even edit or remove posts before they are shown on the website.
Each WordPress plugin has its own unique set of advantages and benefits that can help to turn your blog into a user friendly place. With so many different plugins to choose from, it is worthwhile to spend time searching for what is available, selecting those plugins that will benefit you, your blog and those who are visiting to read.
Originally posted 2009-02-06 08:00:54. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
May 14th, 2014 — Blogging, Guest Blogger, Microblogging, twitter
That’s a loaded question and the answer depends entirely on your point of view when it comes to Live Feed and RSS. You can make a case for either side and believe me I have. Here’s what I came up with…
5 Arguments for Live Feed and Twitter:
There are 27.3 million tweets per day on average. That’s a crazy number. With that many people in one place it’s obvious Twitter must be more important than blogging! Right? Let’s see.
- It’s a promotion machine. Today URLs flow through Twitter. Ideas ship on Twitter.
- Twitter is like instant messaging or texting to everyone at once, but it’s public which means more eyeballs are reading it. Potentially of course, nothing is a guarantee.
- It’s easy to use, accessible, and well known. That means you can make connections and network like crazy.
- You are what you tweet. Learn to streamline ideas with catchy headlines to grab attention and readers.
- Your tweet and username can get retweeted over and over again, spreading your message and your name through the network. This usually happens on small scale, but some get lucky and get a Twitter explosion.
5 Arguments for RSS and Blogging:
According to Technorati there were 175,000 new blogs per day worldwide in 2006. Since then the numbers have grown exponentially. Clearly 140 characters doesn’t cut it, so blogging must be the name of the game, yes?
- Remember that old adage; don’t count your chickens before they hatch? You need to generate a URL before you can promote it.
- A roundup does what you do on Twitter in one posting. All your interesting links and social currency is in one place. Why waste time breaking it up?
- You can network through blogs. You do it through leaving comments, link swapping, guest blogging, etc.
- You are what you write and you can use more than 140 characters. Headlines are for Twitter, content is for blogging. So is verbosity.
- Blogs have archives. What you say is permanent (minus revising and manual deletion). On Twitter things disappear after awhile to float away somewhere lost forever.
Twitter and blogging are different animals, but their relationship to one another is symbiotic. You have to do both and use them appropriately to see major results.
Your Turn: What say you? Do you think Twitter is more important than blogging or vice versa?
Keira runs a book review blog for readers by readers on romance novels entitled Love Romance Passion. She’s been reading romance since she was in her teens and began blogging about romance so she could share her passion for her favorite genre. She loves reading paranormal, Regency, historical America, and highlander most of all and completely adores blind and wounded heroes.
Photo Credits: Scott McLeod
Originally posted 2010-01-22 18:38:31. Republished by Blog Post Promoter