February 3rd, 2014 — OPP, Plugins
“You down with OPP, yeah you know me!”
The OPP, or Old Post Promoter, is a plugin designed for WordPress by the Blog Traffic Exchange. The primary function of the plugin is its capability to promote older blog posts by reviving them and returning them to the front page and sending them back in to the RSS feed. The Old Post Promoter randomly chooses a post from the eligible posts in the blog and updates the publication timestamp on the post in question. When the timestamp on the post is updated, the post will appear to be the latest post on your WordPress blog, returning it to the front page of your blog and revitalizing its content accordingly.
** Do not use this plugin if your WordPress Blog’s permalink structure includes dates! **
**Remove Date from Permalink Structure.**
The installation process is easy and you can begin using the plugin immediately, bringing old content back to the forefront of your blog again.
1 – Download the plugin using the link below or this one: Old Post Promoter.
2 – Once the zip file has been downloaded, unzip it into someplace that will allow you to easily retrieve it.
3 – Locate the folder and upload it to your WordPress Plugins folder in the web space where your blog is hosted.
4 – Activate the Plugin in the admin section of your WordPress blog.
5 – Optional: Adjust the options for the plugin to better suit your needs.
Some of the options that are included with the Old Posts Promoter plugin include:
- Minimum interval between old posts promotions, allowing you to determine how often the plugin will automatically choose and revitalize a blog post for you.
- Randomness interval, which will be a contributing factor in when posts are randomly chosen and revitalized in your blog.
- Post age, which allows you to designate how old a post must be at the very least in order to be eligible for the post promotion process.
- Show original publication date, which will add the original publication date to the bottom of your revitalized posts if you choose to.
- Categories to omit from Promotion, which will protect posts in certain categories if you do not want them to be eligible for promotion by the plugin.
Here are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about the Old Post Promoter WordPress Plugin:
Q: Isn’t this plugin simply creating duplicate content?
A: No, because all the plugin is doing is changing the original timestamp of the publication. In other words, there is only ever one copy of the post in your blog.
Q: If you change the timestamp of your blog post, won’t that affect permalinks that include the date?
A: Yes it absolutely will, which is what the warning is all about. This plugin should not be used with any permalink structure that includes dates, which is just another obvious reason for why you should not follow such a structure.
Q: Your plugin is really awesome. I would like to remove the dates from my permalink structure so that I can use it – So what do I do?
A: Thank you, I am glad that you asked. Here is a blog post written specifically to address how to remove dates from permalink structures.
** Once again, do not use this plugin if your WordPress Blog’s permalink structure includes dates! **
- 10/31/10 – 1.9 – Updated for Twitter oAuth.
- 8/15/09 – 1.7 – Now Shortening twitter url via Blog Traffic Exchange url shortener: http://bte.tc
- 8/12/09 – 1.6 – Added reping and tweet
- 7/12/09 – 1.5.1 – Added 365 day option to keep posts seasonal
- 7/12/09 – 1.5 – Tested and Confirmed on WordPress 2.8.1
- 01/23/09 – 1.4 – Refactored cod to facilitate long term code maintenance.
- 12/30/08 – 1.3 – Better Options Control.
- 12/20/08 – 1.2.2 – Fixed link to BTE showing when not appropriate
- 12/19/08 – 1.2.1 – Minor Documentation fix
- 12/18/08 – 1.2 – Added Promote position
- 12/8/08 – 1.1 – Release to public.
Originally posted 2009-02-02 05:25:14. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
February 3rd, 2014 — Blog Tips, Blogging, Link Building, News, Plugins, SEO, Social Networking/Bookmarking
Google said Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Blog Traffic Exchange with the final toolbar pagerank update of 2008 according to Matt Cutts.
This was the first page rank update since launching the domain in late November with this blog. So in one month how much page rank can gain?
How does one pr5 and five pr4 pages sound? (There may be others, but I haven’t found them.)
Holy smokes! From brand new domain to Google Pagerank 5 in one month! It is too bad that pr has little real value other than bragging rights. However, based on this new information this
domain company this now for sale for $2,000,000 $5,000,000.
Here are the pages
Google Pagerank 5
- Old Post Promoter — This is the plugin page for my first public foray into WordPress plugins.
Google Page rank 4
- Blog Traffic Exchange — Main page of this domain.
- WordPress Plugins — This is my page of WordPress plugins.
- Remove Dates From Permalink — Ever wanted to remove the dates from your WordPress permalink structure? Here is how to do it.
- 10 Benefits of Hosting your Own Blog — Title says it all.
- Using Blogger is a Mistake — Title says it all.
Update 5/28/10: I now have my first Page Rank 6 page: Click to Call — A wordpress plguin that integrates with your website to enable click2call.
How did I do it? Without going into the gory details, far and away the plugins are the main reason for the solid back links.
- Releasing and promoting 2 WordPress Plugins that are useful and are being used by people because they are useful. Old Post Promoter and Blog Copyright
- A few relevant blogroll link exchanges with my blogging friends.
- A little bit of social bookmarking.
- Some directory submissions.
Stay tuned the Blog Traffic Exchange is going to have a great 2009.
Photo Credit: 1
Originally posted 2009-02-05 08:45:47. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
November 29th, 2013 — Backup, Blog Design, Blog Tips, BlogCopyright, Blogging, Plugins, Related Websites, WordPress
These WordPress plugins are offered by the Blog Traffic Exchange. Enjoy
Cloud based multi-site related posts plugin. Traffic balancing algorithm to ensure equality based on traffic. Randomization to spread the effect. New traffic opportunities every 24 hours. Increase your traffic today, join the Blog Traffic Exchange.
Performs regular backups of your upload (images) and current theme directories. Backup files are avilalbe for download and optionally emailed to a specified email. Don’t get caught without a recent backup of your theme or images.
Using your blog as the seed, find quality content from the Blog Traffic Exchange and tweet it automatically. Provide your followers with interesting and relevant content within the niche of your blog. Supplement your twitter account with quality content related to your blogging niche using the our powerful content search engine.
Blog Copyright injects a copyright notice into the blog footer. You can see it in action on this very site. The copyright notice automatically updates the year range as time goes one removing the need to ever revisit your copyright once the plugin is put in place… Adjustments can be made to a variety of options including the starting year and the rights reserved statement.
The Old Post Promoter (OPP) is a WordPress plugin by the Blog Traffic Exchange. The purpose of the plugin is to promote old posts by sending them back onto the front page and into the RSS feed. It does it randomly choosing an eligible post and updating the publication timestamp. The post then appears to be the latest post on your WordPress blog. “You down with OPP? Yeah you know me!”
Online stores adds related online stores to the bottom of your blog posts. Improving the user experience by offering them additional related content. It uses your blog as the seed to find the related online stores.
Adding click to call capability to your blog will enable users to call you directly from your website. Clients, buyers, or shoppers no longer need to leave your website or even their computer to initiate a phone call.
Originally posted 2009-04-08 21:22:26. Republished by Blog Post Promoter