Blogs are, hands down, one of the easiest possible ways for you to publish your thoughts or messages on the internet. Blogs are excellent for spiking search engine enthusiasm, meaning that by writing in a blog you can easily attract plenty of traffic. But are you aware of what you should and should not do when it comes to setting your blog up in order to attract the maximum amount of traffic for all of the effort that you are putting in your blogging effort? Here are some simple tips for how you can significantly increase traffic to your blog, creating a popular blog out of your modest writing effort.
Step 1 – First and foremost, you need to make sure that you are using the right blogging platform.
Do not fall into the trap of using a free blogging platform for your website. These may be an excellent solution for keeping your costs down, but you end up relying on someone else’s computer, and if their server goes down, you could potentially lose everything. So while it may seem wise to start off on LiveJournal or Blogger, just don’t do it! If you want to create a secure blog, you should spend some extra money to make sure that you are in control of your own blogging endeavor.
Step 2 – The second consideration is to absolutely never, ever duplicate your content.
If you are using the default settings on a blog platform like WordPress, then your blog posts are going to appear in a number of different locations on your website, including your main page, your post page, your category page and your archive page. Unfortunately, most search engines are going to view this as duplicate content, and you may end up being penalized if you do not clean it up. Make sure that your settings are not sabotaging your blogging effort.
Step 3 – Finally, and perhaps most importantly, post as often as you possibly can.
Search engines are intelligent enough that they can tell roughly how often you are posting in your blog. Search engines are always on the look out for content that is fresh and new. The more often you are capable of posting to your blog, the better off you will be. Daily is always best, but every other day or twice a week are also acceptable solutions. Make sure that you are posting useful and relevant content when you post, rather than simply posting for the sake of search engine spiders, because your readers and subscribers matter most of all.
These tips may seem simple, but they are extremely important when it comes to preparing your blog for good, long term traffic. The more popular your blog becomes, the more viral it will be in attracting new, unique visitors every day, week and month.
Photo Credits: 1
Originally posted 2009-02-04 15:35:15. Republished by Blog Post PromoterRelated posts:
- 5 Tips for Popular Blog Posts The internet may be a fast paced environment, but there are some blog strategies that remain the name even when it becomes harder and harder...
- Tips for Improving Number of Blog Visitors All bloggers are looking for ways that they can improve the popularity of their blog, in order to increase the number of blog visitors. They...
- Tips for Writing a Successful Blog One of the biggest keys when it comes to keeping a successful blog is to provide content that is perceived to be exceptional. The following...
- Driving Traffic to Your Blog Many blog owners spend a good portion of their time trying to figure out how to generate traffic to their blog. This is especially true...
- SEO Tips for Bloggers on WordPress There are several million WordPress blogs that you can find on the internet, but unfortunately the majority of them are not properly optimized for search...
If you liked this article, vote for it on del.icio.us and stumbleupon.