Nowadays, WordPress is referred to as one of the most used and popular content management systems available when it comes to search engine optimization. You may think that spending time on WordPress SEO can waste your time, but is definitely not. Through optimizing your website to the best practices can greatly help you gain more subscribers, improve your rankings as well as have an overall better website. WordPress Backup must always be performed on regular intervals.
Among other blog hosting platforms out there, WordPress provides every business owners a better platform for their online business and blog. Though WordPress has many restrictions, but you have many reasons to choose this kind of blog hosting, particularly if your WordPress blog needs some SEO support. That is because most of the WordPress features are equipped with SEO even if you have least idea on search engine optimization; still WordPress gives you the best.
Here are SEO Tips for WordPress Blog
But, downloading and installing your WordPress is not enough to make your WordPress blog successful for security, performance and SEO. The following basic SEO tips will develop your WordPress for SEO.
- Remove WordPress Blog Defaults. The ‘Sample Page’ and ‘Hello World’ post are two of the top item you need to remove from your WordPress site. If your site is still in the improvement phase, then it is okay to have these elements for testing typography and layout. However, if your site is live to the public, make sure to remove them, or even delete them to keep your database less cluttered. Additionally, change or remove the default ‘uncategorized’ group. If you like to keep it, at least make a new category that will become the most popular category and set it as a default.
- The permalinks default setting is not an efficient URL structure for the SEO. The best practice you can do is to change the setting to a post name. Some users want to use /%category%/%postname%/ as their setting but can generate few problems when categories content are not optimized.
- Add Some Update Services. Depending on the crawl rate of the site, the created new posts and pages can take some time for the new URL to become indexed by the search engine. In order to get this faster, WordPress provides the opportunity for the bloggers to add update services in the page of General Settings.
- Customize Media Settings. Using default, WordPress offers settings on ways to deal with image thumbnails. The thumbnails are very beneficial to exhibit an image that is smaller than its full size, which helps performance and bandwidth.
- Google Analytics. It is advisable that you should never manage your site with no form of tracking. Google analytics is just easy to implement and free, so you have no reasons not to use it at all. Create your new analytics profile and install the WordPress Google analytics. Having an analytics on the site can provide you with many useful data and help in order to complete the number of different tasks like studying how long your visitor browses your website, the amount of traffic you receive from the search engine and locating 404 pages. Also, it will help you add functionality.