Welcome to the power of relevant chaos.
The Related Websites plugin is the latest to come from the labs of the Blog Traffic Exchange. The Related plugin has been built by a blogger for the benefit of fellow bloggers everywhere.
There is no advertising present on member blogs – only pure, highly relevant links, that enhance the user experience while increasing traffic. Consider the Related Websites plugin as a related posts plugin for the entire blogosphere.
The Related Websites WordPress plugin is released in the GPL. Any blogger with an API key can now easily utilize the plugin to display relevant links from around the web directly on their site and without the tedium normally associated with the process. This is an unprecedented opportunity to increase traffic in an organic way without using spam tactics or anything that could dilute the quality of a blog.
These unique traffic opportunities exist for members and users of the plugin only. Here is the way it works.
After installing the Related Websites plugin, it will auto-install various links to related posts from other “Related Website” member sites, displaying them at the foot of each previously published post.
This is the most elegant, out-of-the-box, and organic method for building traffic and refining your user experience from anything else currently available.
See it in action now on this blog!
All links are randomly rotated both locally per page load and globally every 24 hours, and though a proprietary traffic balancing algorithm rewards blogs who send diverse traffic into the exchange with more frequent placement, relevancy is NEVER compromised.
Membership requirements: In exchange for displaying the related blog posts of other Blog Traffic Exchange members, your blog posts are also displayed on other members’ blogs whenever possible and relevant.
Not only is relevancy never compromised, but ads (in the form of traffic opportunities) are never sold to member blogs.
- Requires php 5 and curl
- Upload Folder to WordPress Plugins Folder
- Activate Plugin
- Adjust Options to Style as desired
- Email kevin at blogtrafficexchange dot com and request a private key for your blog. Please do not forget to include the blog URL.
- Be patient, it may take up to 48 hours to review your blog and respond with your key.
- Insert key into the Blog Traffic Exchange key field on the options page and save.
- Congratulations! Your site is now a part of the exchange. Enjoy the enhanced traffic and happy readers.
Membership Terms of Service:
- Original content blogs only
- No spam
- No porn
- No warez
- No copyright violations
- English only (until further notice)
- All users must report duplicate content, spam or porn.
- You can cancel your membership at anytime by removing the API key. Removing the API key will cause your posts to no longer be served via the Blog Traffic Exchange.
- You must display at least 2 (and up to 10) traffic opportunities per single post page.
- You agree that your entire post content, title, tags, and category can be used to determine relevance by the Blog Traffic Exchange.
- You agree that up to the first 50 words of your post content can be republished so long as your post title is used along with the post permalink to direct traffic to the original publication.
- Traffic opportunities offered and clicks on those opportunities will be tracked.
- In order to balance the exchange, traffic opportunities will be limited if a source member blog receives more unique traffic than it produces over a 30 day period.
- Traffic opportunities are randomized in order to balance the exchange and allow all relevant traffic opportunities a chance at being displayed.
- Only connect to Blog Traffic Exchange from approved clients such as this Related Websites WordPress plugin
Click on the link to sign-up for the pro member account. Start your climb to the top today!
- 12/09/09 – 2.8 – Changed Click Tracking to use http://bte.tc.
- 10/07/09 – 2.7 – On a low traffic volume site new link requests where happening too infrequently. This update will keep low volume site’s content indexed within the BTE repository.
- 09/22/09 – 2.6 – Added default thumbnail and webservice timeout.
- 08/31/09 – 2.5 – Added Settings link on plugin page and removed extra debugging.
- 08/25/09 – 2.4 – Fixed tagging to prevent array keyword.
- 06/27/09 – 2.1 – Statistics in Options page & Pro accounts.
- 06/26/09 – 2.0 – Better relevancy.
- 05/14/09 – 1.5 – Now With Images.
- 04/24/09 – 1.4 – Option to only show on single post page.
- 04/12/09 – 1.3 – Icons added for branding.
- 03/29/09 – 1.2 – Synchronized beta and public plugin versions.
- 03/15/09 – 1.1 – Release to public.
Originally posted 2009-03-15 10:00:06. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
No related posts.If you liked this article, vote for it on del.icio.us and stumbleupon.