In the 1990′s people started to set up websites know as web logs, a term which has been colloquially evolved into the term blog. A blog is a internet website where users post regular article, providing commentary, information, news, and various other forms of posts. Why do individuals start blogging? Below are listed a small sampling of the reasons that people get into blogging.
For your Business –
After the wave of the blogs started to hit the internet, corporations and other companies saw the potential to be closer to their customers. As a result, companies started to form blogs which would provide news about what is going on in the company and products that are soon to be released. Comments on the blog allow a dialog to form between the consumer and company, giving real time feedback to a company regarding its products and giving the consumer a feeling of being close to the company.
For your Career -
Many blogger start their blog with the intent of making money off of it. The primary vehicle for this monetary gain is advertising revenue. When a blog is doing well, advertisements on the site will give the site owner money for every click on the ad. Even if the blog owner will only have one in a thousand visitors click on an ad, given that some blogs experience millions of hits a day. This can add up really quickly, especially if the blog owner is maintaining multiple blogs.
As a Hobby -
A lot of blog owners are not in it to make money or promote their company. Some are in it because they have a hobby and would like to share their experiences. Model builders, athletes, board game enthusiasts, these individuals can share their hobbies, informing others while learning from visitors to the site. Site owners can show off their talents, which can lead to job opportunities for the blog owner in their field.
To spread Information -
Some blog owners are in it to inform their readers, by collecting information from many other sites. These sites will collect information from a number of web sources all related to a common theme. This allows other users a central hub within which to obtain information from many different sources, tailored to a central theme or field of interest. These bloggers may hold other reasons as well, but their passion with respect to their chosen field.
For Personal Reasons -
Another good reason to blog is for personal reasons. There are a number of blogging platforms that are ideal for personal blogging, like LiveJournal for example. Personal blogging is blogging about your daily life, relationships, dreams, beliefs, worries and other subjects relating to your existence. Personal blogging doesn’t involve selling products or pushing brands, but rather is just about sharing yourself with your readers.
Photo Credits: 1
Originally posted 2009-02-03 07:45:03. Republished by Blog Post PromoterRelated posts:
- Why Big Companies Are Blogging? There are still some old school business people out there that consider the whole idea of blogging for their business rather ridiculous. Unfortunately for these...
- 10 Steps to Start a Blog Is this your first time starting a blog? Here is a ten step checklist for starting your own blog. 1 – Choose a subject –...
- Blogging in a Word: Building Blogging is all about building: building friendships, building links, building content, building readership. It’s not for the fainthearted and it should only be taken up...
- Blogging – You’re Doing it WRONG! (Pt 1) That’s right, I said it. You’re not blogging correctly. This two part article series will expand on my previous post, 4 Things Bloggers Do WRONG!...
- WordPress as a Website: 4 Great Reasons When you think of WordPress you probably think of blogging. That’s how most people use it. They sign up for a free blog and start...
If you liked this article, vote for it on del.icio.us and stumbleupon.