When it comes to writing in a blog, simply writing and assuming that traffic will come is not exactly the right way to go about things. If you want to learn how to get traffic to blog, then you need to be willing to take some extra steps to make your blog reader-friendly as well as search engine friendly. Here are some useful tips for learning how to get traffic to blog.
1 – Turn Your Blog Postings into Articles
This is one of the best methods by which you can promote your website. What it entails is writing articles and then submitting them to websites that serve as article directories.
What you want to do to get the most out of this process is to take the blog articles that you have already written, edit them to make them unique by adding headings, elongating them, changing the title and so on, and then post them to the best article directories on the internet.
Here is a great resource for article directories: http://ebizwhiz-publishing.com/write-articles/submit-articles.htm
Make sure that you are including a link back to your blog in every article that you post. Not only will you be creating buzz, but you will be creating more one-way incoming links to your blog as well.
2 – Create Buzz Around Your Blog
Creating a buzz around the concept of your blog posts and the topic of your blog in the local media and in online media is going to give your blog marketing endeavor a truly viral component, which is a necessary element of advertising and marketing a blog in this day and age. Here are some solutions:
- Create some form of controversy around your blog or around the topic of your blog.
- Distribute merchandise featuring the URL and the tagline for your blog, such as bumper stickers for example.
- Write out a press release on something newsworthy, tying it in with the topic of your blog.
3 – Capture Subscribers via Email
E-mail is one of the number one choices for communication for most people who are looking to receive information and news, and so reaching out to potential readers by way of e-mail is still a top method for marketing.
Use a free web service such as Bloglet so that you can manage your subscriptions. This will also allow your subscribers to manage their subscriptions as well in a single, simple interface.
If you are looking for more control over your list, use an auto responder system that will let you capture and then follow up with your subscribers.
4 – Create Solid Inbound Links using Related Websites.
The Related Websites plugin utilizes the traffic and resources of other blog to effectively multiply the traffic of your blog. Anyone can download and install it free of charge to their WordPress blog, which brings more incoming links to member sites. The full features of the plugin are available only to member sites which must be approved before they can receive a key. Level one access is also free and only requires that your blog meet Blog Traffic Exchange criteria. Paying level two members see more significant results and are given priority, but they too must first pass all level one membership criteria. Users of Related Websites enjoy quality traffic and build quality inbound links. It’s a win-win.
When you want to know how to get traffic to blog, the three tips should really come in handy. Implementing them is not difficult, but it really does have a huge impact on your traffic numbers.
Photo Credits: larskflem
Originally posted 2009-09-30 03:19:49. Republished by Blog Post PromoterRelated posts:
- Increasing Blog Site Traffic Is attracting blog site traffic really a difficult proposition? Are there any really, incredibly simple ways that a new person to blogging can increase their...
- 6 + 1 Steps for How to Increase Blog Traffic Having access to the right tips and hints for how to increase blog traffic can really come in handy. The more tips and tools that...
- Increase Traffic To Your Blog, pt3 Here is Part 3 in our series on increasing traffic to your blog. We hope you enjoyed the series, and that you can take these...
- Smart Steps for Building Blog Traffic This is part two in a three part series on the steps for building blog traffic. If you are looking for quick and simple ways...
- Increase your Blog Traffic in 3 Logical Ways This is part three in a three part series on the steps to increase your blog traffic. If you are looking for quick and simple...
If you liked this article, vote for it on del.icio.us and stumbleupon.