If you want to keep readers coming back to your website, you should produce fresh blog posts to keep their interest. Look to the biggest sites, what they all have in common is that they constantly produce content that is new and fresh. This is also what the webmasters of the blog will say is the most difficult thing. Producing content that is fresh and frequent is a challenge that, once overcome, will take your blog to a new level.
There are a number of things that can help you in producing content that is fresh. The first is to make sure that your posts are kept brief. Trying to consistently put out 500 word posts will quickly burn you out, with the time that is taken. Many good blogs have many posts that are short. The average attention span of the internet reader is about a minute and a half. Short blog posts will be refreshing for the readers who may not have the time to read very long blog posts.
Another thing that is good for keeping content fresh is to prepare a backup stash of articles, or a working queue. This sort of action is especially good for those who may find themselves suffering from writers block. The premise is to write articles before you need them. You may have a stash of articles for when you are blocked, or you may have a stack of articles that you add to, and pull content from, following a schedule planned in advance.
Some blogs will invite their readers to be guest bloggers. This will not only introduce ideas from your readers, which can act as a muse for your posts, but it will also encourage participation from your blog readers. Interaction is a surefire way to create a sense of community with your readers. Reader interaction is also good because some great blog posts stem from conversations in the comments section. Let us not forget the biggest benefit to guest bloggers, one less blog post for you to write.
Guest bloggers do not have to readers. Rather, you can find a blogger who is within the same genre or niche. Inviting these bloggers to contribute can enable you to form professional relationships with other bloggers. These relationships can encourage the growth of ideas through conversations. Many times, guest bloggers from other blogs will also allow you to write for their blog. This gives you and them access to each others readers, bolstering the traffic to both blogs.
Sometimes the best way to ensure fresh content is to blog in teams. A team of bloggers may run a single blog or many. The idea is that the bloggers will share in blogging duties, so that if one can not contribute for a period of time, the others can take up the slack and ensure that fresh content is produced. Such an agreement between bloggers will require less work for the bloggers, and give a number of different views within the content.
Producing content that is fresh is how you will ensure that your blog flourishes.
Photo Credits: 1
Originally posted 2009-02-06 09:00:10. Republished by Blog Post PromoterRelated posts:
- Generating Topic Ideas Consistently: 3 Step Process Do you struggle to come up with new and interesting topics to write about for your blog? If so, I have a process for coming...
- Critical Mistakes in Keeping Blog Visitors One of the most critical parts of your blog is the section that is visible in the browser window without requiring any scrolling on the...
- Creating Blog Entries When it comes to running a blog, the owner needs to be able to regularly generate content. This task comes easy to some, but for...
- Improve Your Blog Functionality You can improve your blog functionality in order to improve your traffic, readership and the number of people that comment on your blog posts. When...
- How to Get Blog Traffic in Five Steps Every blogger is looking to achieve the exact same thing: They are hoping to be read. There are millions of bloggers that give the idea...
If you liked this article, vote for it on del.icio.us and stumbleupon.