This is part three in a three part series on the steps to increase your blog traffic. If you are looking for quick and simple ways to increase your blog traffic, or more involved ways with bigger returns, keep reading for some great information.
1 – Avoid jumping on the bandwagon.
Some memes are definitely worth being talked about by everyone online, but most of them simply are not. Just because there is a huge piece of news in your niche, then that does not mean that you personally need to be covering it in order to increase your blog traffic. Many of the best blogs online are already talking about the big names and the big trends but this is because they are already established and popular. If you are just launching a brand new blog, then you need to show people something that is unique rather than just the same old re-hashed stuff that everyone else is already posting.
2 – Link in an intelligent way.
When you are linking out in your blog posts, make sure that you are using convention where it is applicable, and using creativity when it is warranted. But above all else, make sure that you are being aware of how the links you create are a part of the content that you are providing. Not every single issue that you discuss is going to need a link, and there is a very fine line that exists between under linking and over linking that you cannot cross. The best thing to do is to look at it from the standpoint of a reader that is relatively uninformed. If you mentioned Wikipedia, leave the link out. If you mention a more obscure site than that, leave the link in. It sort of goes like that.
3 – Work with guest bloggers.
If you ask a well known personality within your niche to contribute to your blog, then you can grow the value of your blog as well as its reach for a number of reasons. The guest blogger will find your blog, his or her readers will find your blog, and completely new readers will also find your blog. You will flatter the blogger by acknowledging that they have a certain level of celebrity, you will be guaranteeing yourself a new incoming link from a blog in your niche, and you will be welcoming new traffic to your website by adding more authority to what you have to say. This is one of the best things that you can do when you want to increase your blog traffic. The more that you do this with new guest bloggers, the more traffic you will generate as a result, so this is a great way to really get the ball rolling when you want to increase your blog traffic.
Photo Credits: ebrkut
Originally posted 2009-09-28 03:13:43. Republished by Blog Post PromoterRelated posts:
- Increase Blog Traffic Today, pt2 Here is part two in our series for learning how to increase blog traffic today. 7 – Sign It With Your Blog – Add a...
- How to Increase Traffic to Blog There are a myriad of different ways that you can learn how to increase traffic to blog. Some of them are really straight forward and...
- Increase Traffic to Blog, pt1 This is part one in a three part series dedicated to increasing traffic to your blog in a number of different ways. Now that you...
- How to Increase Blog Traffic With Comments A really great endeavor worth pursuing when trying to learn how to increase blog traffic is to use blog comments in order to attract a...
- 6 + 1 Steps for How to Increase Blog Traffic Having access to the right tips and hints for how to increase blog traffic can really come in handy. The more tips and tools that...
If you liked this article, vote for it on del.icio.us and stumbleupon.