This is part one in a three part series dedicated to increasing traffic to your blog in a number of different ways. Now that you have your blog set up and you are beginning to post useful information in its pages, the next step is to start attracting useful readers and commenters to your blog. Just like any other type of website, promotion is vitally important when it comes to bringing new people to your website. In the next three posts we are going to address over a dozen different things that you can do to get the traffic to blog flowing in the right direction.
1 – Bloglet – Visit http://www.bloglet.com and set up a bloglet subscription form on the pages of your blog, inviting everyone that is in your blog network to come and subscribe including your family members, your friends, your colleagues and the people that you work with.
2 – MyYahoo – Visit http://www.my.yahoo.com and set up a MyYahoo feed so that your website is regularly being spidered using the Yahoo search engine. Yahoo is a unique search engine because it is hand spidered, rather than spidered using complicated algorithms. If you want to increase traffic to blog, working with Yahoo on a consistent basis in this way is definitely going to be a good idea.
3 – Read and Comment – Find other blogs that exist within the same niche that you are targeting, and visit them regularly. Read the blog posts, get to know what the bloggers have to say, and leave worthwhile comments in your trail. Your comments should be useful and intelligent, and they should contain a link to your blog so that bloggers and readers can find you and read what else you have to say.
4 – Ping O Matic – Visit http://www.pingomatic.com and make use of Ping o’ Matic to ping blog directories every time you publish a blog post, making it more easy for everyone else on the internet to find your newly posted blog entries. Ping o Matic is a great way to let people know when you are posting new content, making it a great way for you to increase traffic to blog.
5 – Submit Fire – Visit http://www.submitfire.com and submit your blog through this service to reach the more traditional search engines including Google and MSN. The more search engine exposure that you get, the better off your blog will be in the grand scheme of things.
6 – Top 55 – Submit your blog to all of the top blog directories. You can find the most comprehensive list possible of directories by visiting http://www.masternewmedia.org/rss/top55 for an outstanding jumping off point in this process. Here is an extra tip: Create a form that you can use in order to track your submissions. Start a schedule that you can use to submit to a few directories every day until you have reached the end of the list.
Photo Credits: Zigar
Originally posted 2009-08-17 05:20:23. Republished by Blog Post PromoterRelated posts:
- How to Increase Blog Traffic with Blog Carnivals One of the easiest things that you can do to build traffic is to submit your content to blog carnivals if you want to learn...
- Increase Blog Traffic with Google Analytics Are you wondering if it is really possible to increase blog traffic through the use of an analytics tool? How is such a tool going...
- How to Increase Blog Traffic With Comments A really great endeavor worth pursuing when trying to learn how to increase blog traffic is to use blog comments in order to attract a...
- Mistakes to Avoid in Blog Carnivals when you Want More Blog Traffic Blog carnivals are gaining a lot of popularity right now as they are one of the best and most influential ways to earn more blog...
- How to Get Blog Traffic in Five Steps Every blogger is looking to achieve the exact same thing: They are hoping to be read. There are millions of bloggers that give the idea...
If you liked this article, vote for it on del.icio.us and stumbleupon.