There are a myriad of different ways that you can learn how to increase traffic to blog. Some of them are really straight forward and easy to implement, and others will take time and effort on your behalf. By implementing a number of different techniques for attracting traffic to your blog, you can benefit significantly by garnering traffic from different places online. Here are a few must have ways to increase traffic to blog today.
1 – Submit Your Blog and your RSS Feed
If you are publishing a blog, then you should absolutely submit your blog as well as your blog’s RSS feed to relevant directories including for example, Yahoo and Dmoz, though there are a variety of other similar websites as well as you will see below. There are a myriad of different search engines and blog directories on the internet that you should be submitting to for this purpose, as the links below will show you.
Here are two places that you are going to want to check out for finding resources to submit to:
2 – Ping Blog Services
There are a large number of different services out there that are designed for the specific purpose of tracking blogs and connecting blogs to one another. By sending out a small ping to each of the services, you are letting them know that you have created and published an update to your blog, allowing them to come and check it out.
You should book mark the Ping-O-Matic website, which you can find here: http://pingomatic.com/ — This way you can easily visit the website and ping a number of these different services as simply as a single click to let them know that they should come and check out your recently published blog content.
3 – Build One-Way Links to Your Blog
Here are a number of recommended methods that you can get links on the internet that are pointing to your blog. One way links are the best type of link that you can use, as they hold the most clout in the eyes of the search engines.
- Link to the main page of your blog from every single page on your primary website,
- Use trackbacks in your posts pointing to other blogs on the internet,
- Post useful, authoritative and legitimate comments on other blogs all over the internet, provided that the topics are related and the comments leave a reason for visitors to follow them back to your blog,
- Finally, offer to exchange links with blogs and websites that are similarly themed.
These three tips will go a long way when it comes to learning to increase traffic to blog.
Photo Credits: Ben+Sam
Originally posted 2009-09-23 03:06:24. Republished by Blog Post PromoterRelated posts:
- Increase Blog Traffic Today, pt2 Here is part two in our series for learning how to increase blog traffic today. 7 – Sign It With Your Blog – Add a...
- Increase Traffic to Blog, pt1 This is part one in a three part series dedicated to increasing traffic to your blog in a number of different ways. Now that you...
- Increase Traffic To Your Blog, pt3 Here is Part 3 in our series on increasing traffic to your blog. We hope you enjoyed the series, and that you can take these...
- 6 + 1 Steps for How to Increase Blog Traffic Having access to the right tips and hints for how to increase blog traffic can really come in handy. The more tips and tools that...
- 3 Steps to Increase Traffic to Blog This is part one in a three part series on the steps to increase traffic to blog. If you are looking for quick and simple...
If you liked this article, vote for it on del.icio.us and stumbleupon.