Do you struggle to come up with new and interesting topics to write about for your blog? If so, I have a process for coming up with new ideas consistently that you can adapt and use for yourself. If you do, you’ll never have to sweat it out again, promise.
See, I used to be like you, but now I come up with topics regularly without any trouble at all. If I ever hit what feels like a dry spell, I usually can figure out something to write about very quickly because of how I set myself up. This method is really simple and you can implement these suggestions right away for similar results. Here’s how I stay fresh in an easy three step process:
1. I read or at least glance at the blogs in my google reader every day. There’s upwards of a 125 blogs on romance novels that I follow, and while you might follow more or less, it’s a really good place to start. Something another blogger writes on in my niche can always be expanded, argued, changed, or even spark ideas. It is the same case in your niche. If the bloggers you currently follow are not inspiring you, (unfollow them and) find others to follow.
2. I keep a small notebook on my person. It is usually in my purse (it helps to be a girl sometimes ). If an idea comes to me not only can I write down the topic really quickly, but I can also start writing it and organizing points. Scrap paper works too, but you might lose it. That’s happened to me once or twice, hence the mini-notebook.
3. Suggest topics to others. Sometimes when I have guest bloggers on my site, they ask me for help with topic suggestions. I don’t know about you but it’s very easy to come up with ideas for others. I usually give a list of 3-5 ideas and saved the 2-4 the blogger doesn’t pick in a document on my computer. If I ever have trouble for myself I can always sneak a look through the list and figure something out. More often than not, suggesting topics of interest to someone else will also help me think up topics for myself. When you think out of the box you just might find a gem or two to polish up.
So that’s how I come up with content for my blog. Very simple, but very practical if I say so myself. What do you do to keep yourself fresh? Share your methods in the comments!
Keira runs a book review blog for readers by readers on romance novels entitled Love Romance Passion. She’s been reading romance since she was in her teens and began blogging about romance so she could share her passion for her favorite genre. She loves reading paranormal, Regency, historical America, and highlander most of all and completely adores blind and wounded heroes.
Photo Credits: dbdbrobot
Originally posted 2009-12-23 03:55:59. Republished by Blog Post PromoterRelated posts:
- Blogging – You’re Doing it WRONG! (Pt 1) That’s right, I said it. You’re not blogging correctly. This two part article series will expand on my previous post, 4 Things Bloggers Do WRONG!...
- Blogging – You’re Doing it WRONG! (Pt 2) This continues from part one and is part two in a two part series on what bloggers are doing wrong when it comes to blogging....
- Blogging in a Word: Building Blogging is all about building: building friendships, building links, building content, building readership. It’s not for the fainthearted and it should only be taken up...
- The Key to a Strong Blog Analyze what brings readers to your blog, and then find a way to build upon that. When I speak with owners of medium sized blogs,...
- The Key to a Successful Blog In the last post, regarding keys to a strong blog, we talked about some of the keys to successful blogging. This is part two in...
If you liked this article, vote for it on del.icio.us and stumbleupon.