Do you want to spend every day smashing the previous day’s traffic record? There is no reason why you cannot achieve this, but it is going to take some work.
Write and publish a new post every day.
New content is vitally important. It makes search engines come to your blog to check you out, and it helps human visitors find you more easily. If you want to increase your traffic by gaining easy blog traffic, you need to be posting every day. The more relevant, informative and keyword-oriented content that you write, the more traffic you will build, hands down.
Join the Community.
You need to integrate yourself into the community surrounding whatever topic you are blogging about. You need to be regularly taking part in other conversations and with other bloggers. Share your two cents and make sure that what you are saying is meaningful. Make sure that you are also posting links back to your own blog, especially if you have posts that reflect the same subject as the conversation. You are also going to want to get those bloggers to create links back to your blog in their blog rolls and in their posts.
If you maintain a presence on any social networking websites such as FaceBook or MySpace, then you should be publishing your new blog posts here as well. There is an integrated application on FaceBook for example, called Networked Blogs that allows your FaceBook friends to follow your blogs in an interface that is clean and easy to use. It would also benefit you to become a member of EzineArticles.com and other article websites where you can post your most informative content so that visitors browsing the content can find you.
Set Up Feeds.
Use websites like LinkedIn and BrightFuse that have plugins that automatically grab RSS feeds an update your profile. These can serve double duties by building traffic and helping to build your portfolio on websites like these. Once the plugin is set up, your networking profile pages will keep updated with new blog posts on a 24/7 basis, and you do not have to do anything to make it happen.
Ping Blog Aggregators
Aggregator websites are automated sites that scan websites looking for new content and syndicate the new content to the world as soon as they find it. The traffic that you receive from a brute force system such as this may be less valuable, but it is still a great way to build traffic to your blog because building traffic by any means necessary is always a good way to go if you are looking to build better traffic numbers.
Do all of these things once every day and you will improve upon your traffic every single day.
Photo Credits: Ed Yourdon
Originally posted 2009-08-28 05:58:18. Republished by Blog Post PromoterRelated posts:
- How Website Hosting Makes it Easy Website hosting is a necessary part of a successful website. It makes your website more professional and gives you access to several features that will...
- Increase Traffic To Your Blog, pt3 Here is Part 3 in our series on increasing traffic to your blog. We hope you enjoyed the series, and that you can take these...
- Increase Traffic to Blog, pt1 This is part one in a three part series dedicated to increasing traffic to your blog in a number of different ways. Now that you...
- How to Get Blog Traffic in Five Steps Every blogger is looking to achieve the exact same thing: They are hoping to be read. There are millions of bloggers that give the idea...
- Mistakes to Avoid in Blog Carnivals when you Want More Blog Traffic Blog carnivals are gaining a lot of popularity right now as they are one of the best and most influential ways to earn more blog...
If you liked this article, vote for it on del.icio.us and stumbleupon.