Many blog owners spend a good portion of their time trying to figure out how to generate traffic to their blog. This is especially true when it comes to a brand new blog that is not yet really rich in meaningful and effective content. Generating visitor traffic to your blog is an endeavor that is going to take some basic effort on your part. Thankfully due to modern technology, the task of attracting interested people to your blog is a lot easier now than in the past.
The most common online blogging platforms are WordPress and Blogger. Both have hosted blog solutions, but WordPress also has an open source solution for installing the WordPress platform onto your own domain name. If you put the following tips into practice, it is more than possible for you to begin attracting traffic to your blog as early as on the first day. Within 24 hours of creating a blog you can begin to generate traffic, and if the purpose of your blog is to sell a product, you could be making sales just as quickly.
1 – Every blog has an RSS feed.
By submitting your RSS feed to the most popular online feed services, you will be able to attract website traffic very quickly, especially if you are focusing your blog content on specific keywords that have lower competition in search engine ranks. All that you need to be able to do is to submit the URL for your feed to a wide range of different free services as soon as you actually have a live site to promote. Some of the most widely recognized feed sites are:
2 – Social bookmarking involves creating bookmarks for your blog.
Additionally social bookmarking is meant for displaying information about what your blog centers on and what it has to offer. It is important that you use social bookmarking responsibly rather than spamming these websites. Simply write a short post that explains in a little bit of detail why your site or product will interest the people that you want to visit it. There are a myriad of different social bookmarking websites out there, including but not limited to:
3 – Social networking, on the other hand, is a little different.
When you create an account on a social networking website, you put together a profile that allows you to connect with other people, creating powerful partnerships and even a fan following in the right circumstances. These networks and relationships will facilitate the capability for you to promote your sites and protects, although much more subtlety than through other sources. Here are a few of the most popular social networking websites:
- Classmates Online
- MSN Groups
- Yahoo Groups
Photo Credits: 1
Originally posted 2009-02-04 18:25:52. Republished by Blog Post PromoterRelated posts:
- Attracting Free Blog Traffic There are plenty of ways that you can attract free blog traffic if you know what to do. First and foremost, you should be hosting...
- How to Increase Traffic to Blog There are a myriad of different ways that you can learn how to increase traffic to blog. Some of them are really straight forward and...
- Gaining Easy Blog Traffic Do you want to spend every day smashing the previous day’s traffic record? There is no reason why you cannot achieve this, but it is...
- 3 Steps to Increase Traffic to Blog This is part one in a three part series on the steps to increase traffic to blog. If you are looking for quick and simple...
- Increase Blog Traffic Today, pt2 Here is part two in our series for learning how to increase blog traffic today. 7 – Sign It With Your Blog – Add a...
If you liked this article, vote for it on del.icio.us and stumbleupon.