When it comes to blog improvement, one of the considerations that you might want to make relates to the design of your blog, as changing up the design of your blog can also have an impact of the quality of your blog and the functionality of your blog as well. Here are some tips for blog improvement in the area of your blog design and blog appearance.
Blog Improvement Tip #1 – Change the theme of your blog.
Do you remember the last time when you changed the theme of your blog? If you are using WordPress for your blog, then you probably know that there are thousands of different themes that are available for you to use for free. You can give your blog a fresh and new look simply by improving upon the theme of your blog.
Blog Improvement Tip #2 – Consider purchasing a premium theme for your blog.
If you really are interested in upgrading the theme of your blog and you are willing to spend a little bit of money in the process, consider buying a premium blog theme. With a premium theme, what you get is a highly functional and well designed theme and typically support from the theme designer as well.
Blog Improvement Tip #3 – Pay someone to help you with a custom design.
Stepping things up just a bit from the previous tip, you may also want to consider paying a blog theme designer to develop a unique, customized theme just for your website or blog, or if you are proficient enough you can design your own blog. If you are really serious about having a well designed blog, then this is the route that you should take.
Blog Improvement Tip #4 – Get a custom logo designed for your blog.
Another way that you can greatly enhance the appearance of your blog is to add a logo or improve upon your logo. Having a logo adds to the branding for your blog, giving readers and visitors an image that they can associate with your blog.
Blog Improvement Tip #5 – Use images in your posts.
One of the ways that you can easily improve the appearance and the visual impact of the blog posts that you make is to include images in your blog posts. You can find images on Flickr that are shared under creative commons, or you can spend a few dollars buying high quality images from places like Stock Xpert and iStock Photo to add images that are relevant to the subject of your blog posts to all of the posts that you make.
Blog Improvement Tip #6 – Change the color scheme of your blog.
Another way that you can offer a fresh new look for your blog is simply to change the color scheme up. This is something that can be relatively simple, and that often only requires making changes in the CSS file for your blog style. If you need help choosing a color scheme, there are a lot of resources on the internet to help you find complementing colors.
Photo Credits: Robert S. Donovan
Originally posted 2009-10-28 03:20:17. Republished by Blog Post PromoterRelated posts:
- 8 WordPress Blog Theme Design Considerations Most blogging platforms offer a wide variety of different themes to chose from, and most can be altered and edited to suit your needs, or...
- Principles for Good Blog Design, pt 1 Most of the open source blogging platforms out there are going to come with at least a few different basic blogging designs. Some platforms call...
- Ways to Improve Blog Traffic There are actually an endless number of different ways that you can improve blog traffic if you know what to do and how to do...
- Improve Your Blog Functionality You can improve your blog functionality in order to improve your traffic, readership and the number of people that comment on your blog posts. When...
- 10 Steps to Start a Blog Is this your first time starting a blog? Here is a ten step checklist for starting your own blog. 1 – Choose a subject –...
If you liked this article, vote for it on del.icio.us and stumbleupon.