Entries Tagged 'twitter' ↓
January 13th, 2014 — Blogging, Guest Blogger, Microblogging, twitter
That’s a loaded question and the answer depends entirely on your point of view when it comes to Live Feed and RSS. You can make a case for either side and believe me I have. Here’s what I came up with…
5 Arguments for Live Feed and Twitter:
There are 27.3 million tweets per day on average. That’s a crazy number. With that many people in one place it’s obvious Twitter must be more important than blogging! Right? Let’s see.
- It’s a promotion machine. Today URLs flow through Twitter. Ideas ship on Twitter.
- Twitter is like instant messaging or texting to everyone at once, but it’s public which means more eyeballs are reading it. Potentially of course, nothing is a guarantee.
- It’s easy to use, accessible, and well known. That means you can make connections and network like crazy.
- You are what you tweet. Learn to streamline ideas with catchy headlines to grab attention and readers.
- Your tweet and username can get retweeted over and over again, spreading your message and your name through the network. This usually happens on small scale, but some get lucky and get a Twitter explosion.
5 Arguments for RSS and Blogging:
According to Technorati there were 175,000 new blogs per day worldwide in 2006. Since then the numbers have grown exponentially. Clearly 140 characters doesn’t cut it, so blogging must be the name of the game, yes?
- Remember that old adage; don’t count your chickens before they hatch? You need to generate a URL before you can promote it.
- A roundup does what you do on Twitter in one posting. All your interesting links and social currency is in one place. Why waste time breaking it up?
- You can network through blogs. You do it through leaving comments, link swapping, guest blogging, etc.
- You are what you write and you can use more than 140 characters. Headlines are for Twitter, content is for blogging. So is verbosity.
- Blogs have archives. What you say is permanent (minus revising and manual deletion). On Twitter things disappear after awhile to float away somewhere lost forever.
Twitter and blogging are different animals, but their relationship to one another is symbiotic. You have to do both and use them appropriately to see major results.
Your Turn: What say you? Do you think Twitter is more important than blogging or vice versa?
Keira runs a book review blog for readers by readers on romance novels entitled Love Romance Passion. She’s been reading romance since she was in her teens and began blogging about romance so she could share her passion for her favorite genre. She loves reading paranormal, Regency, historical America, and highlander most of all and completely adores blind and wounded heroes.
Photo Credits: Scott McLeod
Originally posted 2010-01-22 18:38:31. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
December 26th, 2013 — Microblogging, twitter
If you are looking to increase your awareness on Twitter, one of the best things that you can do is to explore the capabilities of Hashtags, which are capable of helping you to add significant value to your brand while quickly expanding your visibility at the same time. On Twitter, a hashtag is a fun little tool that makes it easier for readers to track conversations, topics, communities and other events. An example of a popular hashtag and what is being achieved with it is #followfriday, which is a hashtag used for people to recommend other people that are fun to follow on Twitter. For example, you might say. “Hey, check out [@Userid]. #followfriday”
While some people do not go out actively looking for hashtags, they are easy to find in popular conversations and can take you on quite an adventure through Twitter. If you are looking for a way to expand your horizons on Twitter, or if you are looking for a way to expand your own visibility, then these hashtags are absolutely a solid proposition worth considering. Here are some great Twitter and hashtag related resources that you should be checking out, bookmarking and more than likely frequently visiting:
- * http://www.hashtags.org is the first place that you should head when you are looking to see what hashtags are currently hot or just the most recent, as this site tracks popularity trends as is jam packed with good information.
- * http://www.twemes.com is another exceptional resource for when it comes to discovering new hashtags and then tracking them once you’ve found them. There is even a hashtag cloud, which is a nice feature as well.
- * http://www.wthashtag.com is a wiki of hashtags generated by those using them. If you are still learning what hashtags are or how they work, then this is an excellent resource for you to check out.
All kinds of people are using hashtags on Twitter in order to connect with other people that have to do with their topic, niche, challenge, club or group. Hashtags are making viral marketing around a specific subject easier than ever. It has become simpler than ever to find buzz around a specific topic, and this can pay off for people looking for certain topics just as well as those who are talking about them.
You can make it really easy for other people within your niche to communicate with one another through the use of hashtags. If you have a group or a niche, you can create a hashtag for it, and then when other people are talking about it, they can use the hashtag to make sure that their buzz is linked back to the campaign that you are running. This way, all of the participants in the niche can share with one another, creating some truly viral collaboration. This is an excellent example of how Twittering can work to your advantage in many different ways.
Photo Credits: believekevin
Originally posted 2009-05-06 05:31:39. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
December 17th, 2013 — Blogging, twitter
I am attending Finovate Startup 2009. It is an action packed 1 day format which I belive will lend itself perfectly to a live twitter. Stay tuned it should be an amazing day. http://twitter.com/BlogTrafficExch
In the break I have scheduled some talks with SimplFi, Mint, and Calendar Budget. I am sure that I will talk to many many others at their booths.
After that I’m off to a dinner sponsored by Thrive. Some other bloggers will be there: The Digerati Life, Lazy Man and Money, and Stop Buying Crap. Also at dinner will be Prosper – fresh from announcing they are back in business.
Be sure to check out my personal finance blog for a full post finovate writeup: Rich Credit Debt Loan
Here is the digest from the event (for newest post to oldest post so read from the bottom up):
- credit karma with white label solution. #finovate
- Next up Credit Karma #finovate free access to their credit score anytime they want for free http://bit.ly/XskiL
- secondary market is pending final regulatory approval.
- months to 7 years. Loans that have already been made. loans with payments.
- Secured loans!!! (collateralized loans)
- Other financial institutions can list their own loans on prosper market place #finovate
- New Rating systems based on annual default rates, 20 credit score buckets. Min FICO 640 #finovate
- technical glitch = “I guess we are back into a quiet period” — Chris Larsen #finovate
- Next up Prosper #finovate CA Lenders Only, Nationwide borrowers. p2p lending http://bit.ly/5EwfZ
- I like the email dashboard to avoid login!!!! I like effortless!! #finovate
- RT @LazyManAndMoney: Rudder: YAPFM (Yet Another Personal Finance Management) tool… #finovate
- Next up Rudder #finovate More PFM… Help financial health http://bit.ly/3Uyc4
- Goal Spring create a plan to get out of debt #fionvate
- @ryan_adami http://bit.ly/jb4th http://bit.ly/iuaLU more links to data in footer #finovate Smart Hippo open source data
- Next up Goal Spring #finovate http://bit.ly/15YrWz
- Data is open source !!! anonymous!! #finovate
- like yelp for consumer products. #finovate
- Next up smart hippo #finovate Another PFM tool. Donated $250 to habitat for getting voted into last session http://bit.ly/ml44I
- registered investment advisor with SEC #finovate… like the no nonsense straight to the point style
- Next up simplifi #finovate planning is biggest issue for average American. SImplifi creates a plan for free http://bit.ly/UuXPY
- The one thing leaned about online fraud. You have to look at entire session no just specific clicks #finovate
- Next up Silver tail systems #finovate detect bad guys gaming websites http://bit.ly/PnVLr
- RT @prosperlending: i’m very pleased with all the people i’ve discovered and am now following from #finovate
- RT @erinmccune: How many PFM solutions can the market support? Not this many. #finovate
- step 1 know your finances 2 project your future 3 discuss = Green Sherpa #finovate
- Next up Green Sherpa # finovate More financial management 3 step process http://bit.ly/19Z2S8
- Next up HomeATM #finovate they have a patent for pin encryption on browser http://bit.ly/Gq07Z
- @prosperlending debtGoal aka goalspring #finovate
- 4th session lineup: Debt Goal, Green Sherpa, Silver Tail Systems, Simpli Fi, Smart Hippo, HomeATM, Rudder, Prosper, Credit Karma #finovate
- Gen 1 vs Gen 2 at Michigan first credit union was pretty amazing difference #finovate
- Next up is Jwaala #finovate http://bit.ly/9fI9S
- Zimplemoney is financial agreements administered as SAS #finovate
- @prosperlending see m tweet pic for the same error on loweryassessment.com #finovate
- Next up ZimpleMoney #finovate… I like this guy already. second tallest here (I am tallest) http://bit.ly/zjYZ6
- MoBank s doing what that is different/better/more secure? #finovate
- Next Up MoBank #finovate http://www.mobank.co.uk/ — “very very easy” to make payments with phone.
- http://twitpic.com/46g38 – lowermyassessment.com #fail #finovate
- lowermyassessment.com starting costs a $124.95 #finovate
- next up lowermyassessment.com #finovate Help homeowners lower their assessment http://bit.ly/sOVNG
- note to future afternoon presenters… please be more animated #finovate
- Aradiom seems like great tech. presenters could be more polished, but tech seems great and needed
- Next up Aradiom #finovate — All about security on #iPHONe mobile phone based security token http://bit.ly/Io0t5
- Next up Acculynk #finovate http://bit.ly/148pFm debit pin pad transactions over existing EFT network
- Next up Second Market #finovate http://www.secondmarket.com/ (trade illiquid securities). yesterday launched private company marketplace
- I like pertuity direct model where an expert picks he loan… lord knows I am a terrible loan picker
- CEO likes “very very” counted 4 times so far
- Pertuity direct is registered with te SEC says “it as a very very fun process” #finovate
- next up pertuity direct http://pertuitydirect.com/ #finovate mutual fund of p2p loans
- 4 invest your savings, 5 be prepared #finovate
- 3 use your credit and debt wisely #finovate (education plus advice)
- 2 spend less than you earn
- Financial fitness launching today: step by step plan to improving your fitness based on 5 principles #finovate
- 1 know your money (why and how provided by mint) #finovate
- Up next Mint #finovate http://www.mint.com/ launched 18 months ago with over 1M people. more budgeting what is different better?
- 3rd Session lineup: Mint, Pertuity Direct, SecondMarket, Acculynk, Aradiom, LowerMyAssessment.com, MoBank, Zimple Money, Jwaala #finovate
- RT @LazyManAndMoney: Review of the 2nd session of demos at Finovate is up: http://bit.ly/DuqGw #finovate #finovateStartup09
- props to #finovate lunch crew. It was great and healthy.. back now and having more diet coke
- IOUSOS healthcare settlement 80% off your medical bills? Shouldnt providers just charge less? (HOT IOUSOS NOT Medical costs) #finovate
- IOUSOS p2p help for medical bills #finovate
- Home-account says you can sign up or free, but to use the servie it costs $50. #finovate
- Next up IOUSOSby globefunder #finovate http://bit.ly/QTmuX
- @georgefavvas their website says free to join home account #finovate
- RT @georgefavvas: Home Account well intentioned, but don’t agree w/charging consumers to shop for mortgage when do it for free. #finovate
- RT @SunFinancial: bought two Mega millions tickets. With jackpot at $181M, $2 is a small price to pay to dream big
- next up Home Account #finovate talking about mortgages and replacing mortgage broker http://bit.ly/XwmFj
- Moneta has signed a top 10 bank. #finovate
- Next up Moneta #finovate http://bit.ly/26KM9m online payment system… sounds like stephen hawking
- http://www.climatecooler.com/ is really cool! good for the planet, good for your wallet #finovate
- @georgefavvas ahh I missed that… ok you go one of my votes
- @robgarciasj you need to buy votes like smart hippo #finovate — this is RateLadder btw
- Know and reduce your environmental impact – http://www.climatecooler.com/ #finovate
- next up Cooler #finovate http://bit.ly/zb52O
- @netbanker 80% platfom complete means that 80% of the work is left to be done. 80/20 rule #finovate
- Smart Hippo is buying votes for best in show. Shoud make donation to habitat regardless #finovate
- People Capital is up next #finovate p2p student loans http://bit.ly/q1lcV
- micronotes is reading a script #finovate
- RT @mobileslate: #BillShrink: “Shrinkage is Good.” -Peter Pham #finovatestartup09
- Micronotes up next #finovate http://bit.ly/199DHK
- BillShink gass compare tool is pretty cool too. #finovate
- BillShink cell carrier compare tool is pretty cool. #finovate
- Next Up billshrink http://www.billshrink.com (best way to save money on CC, Food, Gas, etc) #finovate
- Kapitall UI has a high WOW fator, but why is i better/different? Research tool/racking for investors #finovate
- Next up Kapitall: http://bit.ly/nkf1q #finovate
- RT @google: RT @sengineland – Google Study On Sitemaps: http://bit.ly/LGBwQ
- Centrro excited about home loan product… sell leads not just afiliate #finovate
- Centrro seems like Credit Karma (http://www.creditkarma.com) same arbitrary scoring model. Send offers based on credit report. #finovate
- Know before you apply is on stage: http://bit.ly/E51nS #finovate
- Wesabe spingboard is white label wesabe. launched 6 weeks ago #finovate
- Wesabe just launched #iphone app using geo targeting and password protection #finovate
- Wesabe is staking claim to “ease of use” #finovate
- Wesabe competitors: Mint and Stands… What is the differentiator? (big announcements promised) #finovate
- Wesabe up next #finovate
- Lending Club — How come when I look t my account I dont see the performance info you showed on stage? #finovate
- Tempo Payments -Why? Rewards! in different currency #finovate
- Tempo Payments get a debit cad that isn’t issued by your bank. Why? #finovate
- Up next Tempo Payment #finovate (more debit card transactions than credit cards) #finovate
- Leding Club secondry market 2M in volume in 6 months (monitors credit report every month and payment history) #finovate
- Lending Club up next… what is different tha last year? Marketplace and SEC approval AND IRA for preferenial tax treatment #finovate
- Lending Club up next… what is different tha last year? Marketplace and SEC approval #finovate
- iThryv platform for FI (financial insttution) for OLB (online banking) and support to demographicly target customers #finovate
- #finovate buzzword thi year is “widget”
- iThryv up next… #finovate
- Moneystrands competitor of Mint and Wesabe. Spanish version a differentiator? Can it compete with Money or Quicken? #finovate
- strands experiences t first technical glitch http://bit.ly/sTOu9 — take 2
- price driven down 10 to 75 basis points avg size $50K #FinovateStartup09
- @krusk becasue weare supposed to tag #FinovateStartup09 not #finovate
- realtime online marketplace p2sb (peer to small business) most iteresting so far IMHO #FinovateStartup09 http://bit.ly/4smsD
- The Receivables Exchange: Now that is an investment I would invest in… p2p lending but more like onlie factoring #FinovateStartup09
- RT @FredericBaud: haven’t seen many reference to openid. I would like to test platforms without new user/pass each time #FinovateStartup09
- Circle up adds a bunch ways to pay expenses… OH: openid anyone? #FinovateStartup09
- Circleup with John Payne aka smartpay (sounds like value add cards like CA food stamps) #FinovateStartup09
- Circleup with John Payne aka smartpay
- kaChing Why would sam give away is research or allow mirroring if he is a good invester? #FinovateStartup09
- RT @shannonpaul: http://twitpic.com/45ro6 – @blogtrafficexch and @lazymanandmoney at #finovate
- Expensify — expense reports that don’t suck. Seemed very interesting. Goingto check it out #finovateStartup09
- Expensify (@quinthar) I like the name (I think they copied one of my company names Buildify http://www.buildify.com )
- First up Expensify, kaChing, CircleUp, Receivables Exchange, Strands, iThryv, Lending Club, Tempo Payments, Wesabe
- #finovate Presenters are all making sure their presentations work. Each has 7 minutes.
I am attending Finovate Startup 2009. It is an action packed 1 day format which I believe will lend itself perfectly to a live twitter. Stay tuned it should be an amazing day.
Originally posted 2009-04-28 05:00:16. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
December 1st, 2013 — twitter
Twitter Hashtags are a way to add searchable tags to your posts. How? just add a hash (or pound sign) in from a word. In most twitter interfaces this results in a link to search twitter for other posts with the same tag. Using a hash is also a way to mark tweets performed by an application. When used for tagging in particular, be sure to select the shortest unique tag so as to not take up precious characters in the tweet.
Here at the Blog Traffic Exchange we have begun using a few specific tags for our applications and plugins. We selected tags that were short and that have been used in very low volumes prior our deployments. Also, we add our hashtags to the end of tweets so that if there are not enough characters for the tweet our tags are simply dropped.
- #OPP = A tweet originating from the promotion of an old post via the #Wordpress plugin Old Post Promoter
- #RTW = A tweet originating from the #Wordpress plugin Related Tweets
- #BSQ = A tweet originating from blog search site Blog Search Query
- #WordPress = OK so we didn’t make this one up, but we really like WordPress. A tweet containing the word #Wordpress
Originally posted 2009-08-10 20:57:12. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
November 26th, 2013 — Blogging, Link Building, Plugins, SEO, twitter, Web Traffic
Using your blog as the seed, find quality content from the Blog Traffic Exchange and tweet it automatically. Provide your followers with interesting and relevant content within the niche of your blog. Supplement your twitter account with quality content related to your blogging niche using the our powerful content search engine.
There are setting to control the frequency and regularity of the posts. Other than that simply run the plugin and tweets will begin. I am now running this plugin and pointing it at the Blog Traffic Exchange twitter feed.
How does it work? After setting your Twitter username, password, tweet frequency, and tweet regularity the plugin will run on a schedule. Each time the plugin executes it will select a public blog post from your blog at random. Then it will use the post as the search seed of the Blog Content Exchange repository. The content repository will return a tweet containing the most relevant website, famous quote, or other content in the repository.
- Upload Folder to WordPress Plugins Folder
- Activate Plugin
- Adjust Options to Style as desired
- 10/31/10 – 1.6 – Updated for Twitter oAuth.
- 09/21/09 – 1.5 – Added Befriend code from GeekLad.
- 09/03/09 – 1.4 – Added RT code from GeekLad.
- 08/31/09 – 1.3 – Added more options for interval and randomness.
- 08/12/09 – 1.2 – Added #RTW adn #quote Hashtag to tweet.
- 08/04/09 – 1.1 – Release to public.
Originally posted 2009-08-04 13:15:48. Republished by Blog Post Promoter