Target a New Audience.
If you started out concentrating on beginners in your niche because you yourself were a beginning but now you’ve moved past that stage, you should be writing about intermediary or advance topics. By challenging yourself to expand or to learn you’ll be creating new content that is much more interesting to you and your long time readers while still attracting those beginning in your niche.
OPP is a WordPress plugin by BTE. The concept behind this plugin is to promote old posts back to the front of your blog allowing you to cash in again on work you’ve done already. It’s perfect for going on vacation, to run permanently, or to use while you’re recuperating from being blogged out. Sure, some of your readers may have seen the articles before, but it’ll be fresh in the search engines and to new readers.
There are several ways to get new voices. You could advertise for guest bloggers, befriend and reach out to commentators on your blog behind the scenes, hire a writer, read or watch new programs/blogs for new input, get a friend to share their thoughts, and more.
Check back in tomorrow as I am going to cover four more ideas to help you break the 2 Year Blogging Curse.
Keira hails from Love Romance Passion, a site known for it’s romance novel reviews. She’s a longtime romance reader, a Kindle 2 owner, and a junkie for USA TV shows. She loves marriage of convenience plots and angst ridden breakups that ultimately end up in gooey happily ever afters. You can also find her on Twitter.
Photo Credits: Magda Sobkowiak
Originally posted 2010-09-23 03:29:51. Republished by Blog Post PromoterRelated posts:
- The 2 Year Blogging Curse Have you ever noticed how many people talk about a blog that they used to write? It seems like I hear about it at least...
- Blogging – You’re Doing it WRONG! (Pt 2) This continues from part one and is part two in a two part series on what bloggers are doing wrong when it comes to blogging....
- Blogging – You’re Doing it WRONG! (Pt 1) That’s right, I said it. You’re not blogging correctly. This two part article series will expand on my previous post, 4 Things Bloggers Do WRONG!...
- Blogging in a Word: Building Blogging is all about building: building friendships, building links, building content, building readership. It’s not for the fainthearted and it should only be taken up...
- Generating Topic Ideas Consistently: 3 Step Process Do you struggle to come up with new and interesting topics to write about for your blog? If so, I have a process for coming...
If you liked this article, vote for it on del.icio.us and stumbleupon.