Having access to the right tips and hints for how to increase blog traffic can really come in handy. The more tips and tools that you have in your arsenal for learning how to increase blog traffic; the better off you will be when it comes to building up a steady readership. There are twenty tips in all that you need to keep in mind when it comes to learning how to increase blog traffic. Here we are going to touch on the first seven.
1 – Use keyword rich text based links in your blog entries and articles in order to link to other blog entries and articles. Creating more links to your content increases your exposure. If you are posting article content elsewhere on the internet, make sure that you are including links back to your blog posts because links from high page rank websites will benefit your blog significantly.
2 – Mix your blogging endeavor with social networking. Use websites like LinkedIn and Facebook with blog widgets. Post highlights of your favorite blog articles on websites like StumbleUpon, Digg and Delicious. Answer questions on websites like LinkedIn, Yahoo Answers, in newsgroups and in forums by linking to blog posts that you have written.
3 – Treat your blog as if it were a publication. You should be writing titles that are compelling, as well as introductions and conclusions that are compelling. You should be offering useful content, and you should make sure to check spelling and grammar in everything that you write.
4 – Keep track of relevant information and news that relates to your profession or industry so that you can report on it as it becomes newsworthy. You can achieve this by subscribing to RSS feeds, Google news alerts and other similar services to gain access to key sources of news that relate to the industry that you are writing about in your blog.
5 – Participate in the blog community. Visit blogs that follow a similar nature as your own and offer useful information in the comments. You should be talking about relevant subjects and topics, and you should always provide a link back to your blog, especially if you have something relevant posted in your own blog that you can share with other bloggers and readers.
6 – Submit your blog and your blog posts to as many blog directories, blog carnivals and blog aggregators as you can. The more time that you take to submit your blog to different places online, the more exposure you will create for your blog over time.
+1 – Now, it’s your turn! What other steps can you think of to do for your blog to increase traffic? Share them in the comments below!
Photo Credits: UnholyKnight
Originally posted 2009-09-07 03:29:11. Republished by Blog Post PromoterRelated posts:
- Increase Traffic To Your Blog, pt3 Here is Part 3 in our series on increasing traffic to your blog. We hope you enjoyed the series, and that you can take these...
- Increase Blog Traffic Today, pt2 Here is part two in our series for learning how to increase blog traffic today. 7 – Sign It With Your Blog – Add a...
- Increase Traffic to Blog, pt1 This is part one in a three part series dedicated to increasing traffic to your blog in a number of different ways. Now that you...
- How to Increase Blog Traffic with Blog Carnivals One of the easiest things that you can do to build traffic is to submit your content to blog carnivals if you want to learn...
- How to Increase Blog Traffic With Comments A really great endeavor worth pursuing when trying to learn how to increase blog traffic is to use blog comments in order to attract a...
If you liked this article, vote for it on del.icio.us and stumbleupon.