Are you already familiar with the micro blogging platform known as Twitter, and what it can do for the online marketing world, especially when it comes to blogging? Twitter is taking off so swiftly that it offers its own language, with tweeps/tweeples being followers of tweeting, or making posts in the Twitterverse, which like the blogosphere, is meant to describe the world of Twittering.
Twitter is already easy to use to begin with, but there are a number of tools and resources that you can add to your arsenal in order to get even more out of the platform. There is an overwhelming amount of tools, applications and plugins that are being developed specifically to make Twitter more enjoyable or more effective as part of a marketing endeavor. Here are some of the best Twitter tools and resources that will allow you to get the most out of your Twitter endeavor.
1 – TwitterFox –
This is a plugin for the FireFox browser, and it allows you to keep up not only with your Tweets but also direct messages that come your way. There are similar plugins, including Tweetdeck and Twhirl, but TwitterFox is the favorite among many because of the simplicity that it offers.
2 – TweetLater –
The primary function of this particular tool, which can be found at TweetLater.com, is to permit Twitterers to stop up on the tweets that they write so that they can be posted over time on a schedule. What makes this a useful tool for the less die hard audience is that you can you forward the e-mails about who follows your Twitter feed to your TweetLater address, and the followers will automatically get a private message from your account, which is an excellent way to automate some of your most basic marketing tasks.
3 – TwitterSearch –
This particular tool offers up a quick and easy way to search about what people are posting about when it comes to specific keywords or topics in the Twitter universe.
4 – TweetBeep –
This particular tool is the equivalent of Google Alerts but designed specifically to work with Twittering and Tweets. TweetBeep permits you to track keywords like mentions of your name, your product, your company, or any keywords that you are researching, and it notifies you when these keywords or terms are mentioned anywhere on Twitter.
5 – TwitterFeed –
This is a fun and simple service that will allow you to feed your blog posts directly to your Twitter account. You can control the frequency by which your blog posts are displayed by Twitter, and you can also choose what text will preface your blog feed. This is excellent for attracting more people to your blog by showing it in bits and pieces on Twitter.
Twitter is not going away because it is a sturdy blogging platform rather than a quick fad. These tools will allow you to maximize your Twitter use, enhancing your social networking endeavor in the process.
Photo Credits: 1
Originally posted 2009-02-06 07:55:30. Republished by Blog Post PromoterRelated posts:
- Must Have Blogging Tools Blogging has developed a serious place for itself in the internet community for many different purposes including personal use and business uses. As a result,...
- Is Your Twitter Account More Important than Your Blog? That’s a loaded question and the answer depends entirely on your point of view when it comes to Live Feed and RSS. You can make...
- Twitter Hashtag Introduction If you are looking to increase your awareness on Twitter, one of the best things that you can do is to explore the capabilities of...
- Twitter Hashtags Twitter Hashtags are a way to add searchable tags to your posts. How? just add a hash (or pound sign) in from a word. In...
- The 2 Year Blogging Curse Have you ever noticed how many people talk about a blog that they used to write? It seems like I hear about it at least...
If you liked this article, vote for it on del.icio.us and stumbleupon.