The internet may be a fast paced environment, but there are some blog strategies that remain the name even when it becomes harder and harder for average bloggers to keep up. Here is a reminder of some of the tips that don’t change when it comes to blogging.
When posting, avoid large blocks of text.
Your articles should be broken up into easy to read bites. Most people that use the net are scanning and skimming rather than reading everything. Make sure that you are using descriptive headers so that your post will catch their attention. Make sure that things are focused and kept short. Use images whenever possible to make your blog posts even more appealing.
Edit, Proofread and Check Spelling
Even the pros can misspell a word every now and then, and there is some leeway in the world of blogging. If you are an unknown writer, however, then your credibility really matters and making errors can harm that. If you do care about your blog and building a reputation for yourself as a good writer, you need to proofread and edit, eliminating spelling and grammar errors as you go.
You should try and create a regular rhythm for posting in your blog. Not only is this going to interest your regular visitors, but it will also keep search engines interested, allowing their spiders and robots to return time and time again. Fresh content always equals a better search engine ranking, which leads to more readers and visitors.
Use Accurate Post Titles
The search engines read your titles, and they sort and rank your posts accordingly. The same is true for readers, who use your titles to know what your posts are about. This means that if you want to give search engines and human readers what they are looking for, your post titles need to be accurate.
Include a Date and Signature
Your posts are not always going to be timeless, and in these instances, you are going to want to let readers know when you made your posts. This will also let them know how long you have been posting, which can help you build more credibility in the long run. Posting a signature at the end of each of your blog posts is going to let your readers know exactly who wrote each of your posts, so make sure that there is a signature and a date for every post that you make.
To some, these blog tips are common knowledge. But still, it’s good to have the occasional reminder. These are the most basic blog tips that you can employ when it comes to posting for the benefit of your readers and the search engines that regularly spider your blog. Keep this list of tips handy, and consult it every time you make a post until you get the hang of it. This is the best way to make sure that your blog posts are constantly accommodating your readers in the best possible way.
Photo Credits: kevindooley
Originally posted 2009-08-24 05:49:49. Republished by Blog Post PromoterRelated posts:
- Types of Popular Blog Posts If you own and write in a blog, then you probably understand the importance associated with keeping your blog really fresh and ensuring that your...
- Publish Blog Posts More Successfully Blogging is about more than just putting your thoughts down in words, because blogging is capable of sharing news, spreading messages, facilitating conversations and so...
- 4 Tips on Retaining your Blog Readers When you first create a blog, getting people to visit it is definitely going to be one of the most important considerations that you make....
- Tips for Improving Number of Blog Visitors All bloggers are looking for ways that they can improve the popularity of their blog, in order to increase the number of blog visitors. They...
- Tips for Writing a Successful Blog One of the biggest keys when it comes to keeping a successful blog is to provide content that is perceived to be exceptional. The following...
If you liked this article, vote for it on del.icio.us and stumbleupon.