Are you planning to start a WordPress Blog for your own personal or business reason? Whether it is to promote your profession or business, you only want to share your thoughts on a certain subject that your love? Blogging is inexpensive, or it can even be free, and you will be able to get started in moments by means of creating a blog on a blogging website like WordPress or Blogger. In order to develop your concept, you will have to launch your site and promote your writing. Knowing the easy ten steps on how to get started will show you what you need in starting a WordPress Blog.
Simple Steps to Start a WordPress Blog
- Come up with a blogging concept – Ask about what you care, what you love, and wish to share with others. If you will be writing about something on a regular basis, keeping your blog fresh with new information, you should write about something that will strike your passion, or one that will reflect your everyday experience. Try several ideas in getting your creative juices like food, love, gaming, movies, cars, politics, your business, or photography.
- Think about how you would want to help other people – While you want to know your broad subject area, you will have to focus your blog topics in a way that is more narrowly, so that it will have a clear purpose. Some ideas for ways that your blog will be able to connect with your intended audience can be about teaching something, making people laugh, providing trends and latest news, and inspiring other people. You also need to know what should not be blogged about such as your family, your workplace, your co-workers, and many more.
- Spy on your competition – Take a closer look at some other blogs on your subject and see what other people are doing. Ask yourself about what you will be able to offer, which is different from what other people have already been doing. Having to identifying your niche can give your WordPress Blog an angle, which is going to distinguish it from your competitors.
- Generating some names for your blog – Try to brainstorm a list of names and write them on a piece of paper, or you can talk to your family and friends for ideas.
- Research keywords that are related to your subject so as to help people find your blog –Enter items that are relevant to your subject into the proper search field. You may be able to search by phrase or by word, by subject or by website.
- Decide where you want to create and host your blog – Blogger and WordPress are 2 of the most popular blog creation websites on the internet. You can choose one.
- Select a theme for your blog – Your theme will determine the appearance and layout of your WordPress blog. You can search for themes or you can browse some themes based on the criteria.
- Decide if you want to have your blog public or private – Do you want some internet visitors to read your blog, or would want your family and friends to read it?
- Promote your blog – Use social media in connecting people to your WordPress Blog. You can promote your blog on your business accounts or on your social media accounts.
- Interact with the other bloggers – Whenever a blogger has liked your WordPress blog, go to his/her blog and like a post as well, or you can follow the blog.
As you already know the ten general steps in starting a blog, please start and be successful even for your first post.