If you want to create an edge over many of the other bloggers on the web, then one of the best things that you can do is host your own blog. There are a number of benefits of hosting your own blog over having some other service host your blog. Here are ten of the most prevalent benefits.
1 – Professional Appearance –
Hosting your own blog gives your blog a professional appearance, because you can use your own domain name or website name and can host your blog on your own website. If you do not host your own blog, you will have a lengthy blog URL which will make it appear less professional and will make it more difficult for readers to recall the name and website for your blog.
2 – Design –
Another benefit of hosting your own blog is the fact that you have a lot more freedom regarding the design. When you host your own blog, you do not have to follow a pre set design but can design your own blog layout instead.
3 – Recall Ability –
By hosting your own blog, you can make your blog easier to recall among readers. What address do you think is easier to recall, http://www.blogsite.com or http://blogsite.blogger.com/~blogname? The easier your domain name is, the easier it will be for readers to recall it, and this is one of the greatest benefits for hosting your own blog.
4 – Content Control –
While there are not normally really strict guidelines regarding content, when you have your blog hosted by a blogging network, your choices in content can be restricted. By hosting your own blog, you can have much larger control over your content.
5 – Security –
By hosting your own blog on your own website, you can have more control over your security, and will be better able to protect your own blog rather relying on someone else to do it.
6 – Brand Promotion –
By hosting your own blog, it will be easier to develop and promote your own brand. Even if you are not selling something, hosting your own blog will provide greater individuality than what shared hosting can offer.
7 – Revenue Generation –
When you host your blog with someone else, you have less control over generating revenue. When you host your own blog, however, you have much greater control over how you generate revenue online.
8 – Growth –
While starting on a blogging network makes sense, if you want to grow your blog, you need to go independent. By hosting your own blog, you can create a much larger level of growth over time.
9 – Site Integration –
By hosting your own blog, you can integrate your blog with your website, rather than having to create a completely separate website from your blog.
10 – More Traffic –
Hosting your own blog will also allow you to generate more traffic, because your posts will be easier to find in search engines.
Photo Credits: 1
Originally posted 2009-02-01 05:05:36. Republished by Blog Post PromoterRelated posts:
- How Website Hosting Makes it Easy Website hosting is a necessary part of a successful website. It makes your website more professional and gives you access to several features that will...
- Comparing WordPress Hosting WordPress has created an incredible opportunity for those who are looking to take control of their future. It has provided the entire world with a...
- Coming Up with a Blog Niche Are you beginning a brand new blog? One of the first decisions that you are going to want to make is where you want to...
- Tips for Improving Number of Blog Visitors All bloggers are looking for ways that they can improve the popularity of their blog, in order to increase the number of blog visitors. They...
- Attracting Free Blog Traffic There are plenty of ways that you can attract free blog traffic if you know what to do. First and foremost, you should be hosting...
If you liked this article, vote for it on del.icio.us and stumbleupon.